Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2016, 06:22 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
New K-1 on it's way

I decided to pull the trigger, and I got lucky and found one in stock here in Canada. It was their last one, so I really lucked out. Should have it for Thursday. It will make a great addition to my kit. It along with the K5iis. Looking forward to playing with it.

06-07-2016, 07:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
I decided to pull the trigger, and I got lucky and found one in stock here in Canada. It was their last one, so I really lucked out. Should have it for Thursday. It will make a great addition to my kit. It along with the K5iis. Looking forward to playing with it.
Lucky you!

I'll have to wait a few years I think... Just got a K-3ii and that was a big purchase for me, even finding it on the marketplace for a steal basically brand new.

Enjoy the K-1~
06-07-2016, 07:42 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
Lucky you!

I'll have to wait a few years I think... Just got a K-3ii and that was a big purchase for me, even finding it on the marketplace for a steal basically brand new.

Enjoy the K-1~
I think if I had the K3 or K3ii, I would have second guessed buying it as the K3 is a newer model with extra toys that the K5 doesn't, so I can totally understand. Shame it's such an expensive hobby.
06-07-2016, 08:30 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
It will make a great addition to my kit.
LOL, I thought the same. But so far the poor k-3II has not been turned on for a month. So the k-1 ended up not as an 'addition' but as my kit.

06-07-2016, 10:28 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I hope the Usurper shows up on my doorstep later this year, my K-01 has one zero too many and I have too many true-35mm lenses laying about.
06-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
LOL, I thought the same. But so far the poor k-3II has not been turned on for a month. So the k-1 ended up not as an 'addition' but as my kit.
Yes. I just put my K-3 on a calendar rotation. I need to keep the battery charged and ROM powered just like I need to 'exercise' the mechanics in my film cameras periodically.
06-07-2016, 10:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
But so far the poor k-3II has not been turned on for a month
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Yes. I just put my K-3 on a calendar rotation. I need to keep the battery charged and ROM powered just like I need to 'exercise' the mechanics in my film cameras periodically.
Since this is a common problem, I've decided to offer a K-3 exercising service. Just send me your K-3 and I'll send it back when you want it back.
It's free! You just need to pay for shipping.

06-07-2016, 12:42 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I originally did not want more than one digital body to deal with, now I have three! So my plan is this, K-1, serious camera to take out when I am taking the serious stuff. K-7, my travel camera to throw/put in the car with me when I have to go on business trips or visit people, but don't want to take the K-1. K-01 will be my vacation camera to take into places I really don't want to take the other two (like traveling light). Happily, they all take the same batteries and lens mounts are the same, so this can work well!

Regards,