Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
06-08-2016, 10:06 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Timd Quote
it only means which article on DPR has most traffic. It changes so quickly that it has little depth.

But it is unusual for so much interest to be shown on that site in a Pentax.

It has been in the top articles for the last week or so. But not always at the top; right after the D5 and D500 reviews came out, it was third or fourth.

Lee

06-09-2016, 01:10 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
and it just got a title aswell...

2016 Roundup: $1200-2000 part 2: Full-Frame Interchangeable Lens Cameras: Digital Photography Review
06-09-2016, 02:00 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Perhaps it will get a glowing review... DPReview's Gold Award (but only just)
06-09-2016, 02:24 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I read the comment in DPR on the Roundup , so funny

06-09-2016, 02:45 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Not DoomedTM
06-09-2016, 10:25 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
Not DoomedTM
Not Yet...
06-09-2016, 10:47 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Timd Quote
it only means which article on DPR has most traffic. It changes so quickly that it has little depth.

But it is unusual for so much interest to be shown on that site in a Pentax.
There is a thread about the K-1 which has tended to attract a lot of non-users of the K-1 (and non-users of Pentax!) to bash it over AF performance.

Perhaps that it the "interest"?

06-10-2016, 03:29 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Not Yet...
That reminds me of...
Because somebody's got to have some **** perspective around here!
06-10-2016, 04:19 AM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Barry Pearson Quote
There is a thread about the K-1 which has tended to attract a lot of non-users of the K-1 (and non-users of Pentax!) to bash it over AF performance.

Perhaps that it the "interest"?
Bashers are gonna bash, that's what they do. What's great about sports, is, the trash talkers, the ignorant, the loud and obnoxious get exposed, when the team they bash wins it all. On photography forums, justice never prevails.
06-10-2016, 09:48 AM   #25
Veteran Member

I cant remember just where I read it....Maybe Ken Rockwells site or one of his many Sub-Forums ? Anyway........someone was going on and on and on......about how the K1 WASNT a Professional FF Camera !!! I guess someone forgot to tell them......what a Shame !

Considering I got to shoot a K1 for three days......its the most Impressive and substantial NON Pro Camera I ever had in My Paws !.....Lol.

I think the Reviews on the K1 are going to do nothing but increase everywhere exponentially........but in the End......It still Wont matter.
If Its Not a Nikon or Canon........It will always still be Spit and Squat in the End. The Most we can hope for is Some fleeting "Honorable Mention"........Its just the way it will always be......... I'm Very comfortable with that.

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 06-10-2016 at 11:20 AM.
06-10-2016, 09:57 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
I cant remember just where I read it....Maybe Ken Rockwells site or one of his many Sub-Forums ? Anyway........someone was going on and on and on......about how the K1 WASNT a Professional FF Camera !!! I guess someone forgot to tell them......what a Shame !
Yep it was mister KR...
06-10-2016, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #27
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think these polls / viewer numbers etc. prove one thing. For all the years of waiting for the Pentax FF, and for all the Q&A sessions with their senior staff, the message they kept repeating is that they weren't going to offer a FF unless it could fill a niche not met by other cameras and include aspects/features that were within the innovations known to the Pentax community (or words along those lines, I'm working from memory) - and these number prove they did what they set out. It is a camera that is exciting more than just the Pentax crowd, and for a number of very good reasons.
06-10-2016, 10:35 AM - 1 Like   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
In regards to Pentax's AF speed, how much of the AF speed is in the lens motor? Are we sure that the body is the bottleneck in AF performance?
06-10-2016, 10:56 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote

Considering I got to shoot a K1 for three days......its the most Impressive and substantial NON Pro Camera I ever had in My Paws !

I think the Reviews on the K1 are going to do nothing but increase everywhere exponentially........but in the End......It still Wont matter.
If Its Not a Nikon or Canon........It will always still be Spit and Squat in the End. The Most we can hope for is Some fleeting "Honorable Mention"........Its just the way it will always be......... I'm Very comfortable with that.
How would he know? Rockwell is not a pro-photographer.
06-10-2016, 11:23 AM - 1 Like   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
How would he know? Rockwell is not a pro-photographer.
Hahaaaaa....ROFLOL........+1