Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2016, 03:21 AM - 8 Likes   #1

Credit where credit is due

My K-1 developed the mode dial fault where no matter what you did it stayed in manual..

Bought it from SRS Microsystems, UK, I emailed them at night, first thing in the morning I got a reply, send it back and two days later I had a new replacement back. I was without a camera for three days. They even sent it back on a Saturday delivery.

The whole experience was outstanding, all credit to SRS and their it totally professional service..

Well done chaps....

06-11-2016, 03:30 AM   #2
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great to hear a " good news " story. I think a lot of companies have forgotten that good service is the best advertising. Hope the replacement is a winner.
06-11-2016, 03:31 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Precision Camera, are you listening?

That is truly outstanding. Mind you, manual mode is a pretty good mode to fail into. If I had to be stuck in any mode at all, I should rather it was manual. At least I would have full control still. (I would almost be tempted not to send it in... )
06-11-2016, 03:39 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ukspeedtraps Quote
My K-1 developed the mode dial fault where no matter what you did it stayed in manual..

Bought it from SRS Microsystems, UK, I emailed them at night, first thing in the morning I got a reply, send it back and two days later I had a new replacement back. I was without a camera for three days. They even sent it back on a Saturday delivery.

The whole experience was outstanding, all credit to SRS and their it totally professional service..

Well done chaps....
I get all my Pentax gear from SRS. They're superb!

06-11-2016, 03:45 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Good on you for sharing a positive customer experience. Usually all that makes it to the internet is gripes!

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 06-11-2016 at 12:00 PM.
06-11-2016, 04:01 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yeah, SRS are a great company to buy from. I've had good experiences with them in the past as well.
06-11-2016, 06:16 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Most often we only here about the negative experiences. Good for you on spreading the message of a positive one. If this happened more often, I think that we might experience the positive more often.
06-11-2016, 06:57 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Precision Camera, are you listening?
SRS sells cameras and is not a repair/service center.

06-11-2016, 06:59 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
SRS sold the camera and is not the repair center.
The issue here is one of customer service, communication and eagerness to be seen to help.
06-11-2016, 07:07 AM   #10

I once bought something dud from SRS and they were so helpful and professional in sorting it out that I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. A good retailer is one that fixes it quickly and efficiently when a customer gets a problem with anything they have bought, not just a box-shifter that loses interest once they have the customer's money.
06-11-2016, 07:46 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
The issue here is one of customer service, communication and eagerness to be seen to help.
So? If SRS didn't have a replacement in stock then there would have been a wait until the next shipment arrives. Who knows how long that could be.

Since Rcioh's policy (at least for North America) is replacement at the sole discretion of Ricoh. Precision.doesn't have the option to simply ship out replacements. If they did there would no doubt be faster turn around times and less need for communication other shipping notifications. Granted that Precision's record is generally terrible but there is a big difference between a service and retail business.

And even if Precision was listen why should they care? For the time being they have the exclusive contract to handle Ricoh warranty repair in the US. Do they have any competition to worry about? Since they also have contracts with Canon, Nikon, Olympus and Sony there probably isn't much in the way of competition.

But kudos for SRS. I've seen plenty of praise for them.
06-11-2016, 08:02 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Consumer protection laws are stronger in the UK than USA, here the retailer is responsible for sorting out defective goods and they can't just say "Get in touch with Pentax". That being said SRS do seem to be amongst the top tier of retailers for customer service and have been for many years.
06-11-2016, 08:52 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter

SRS is an excellent retailer with very good customer service, in my experience. I've had quite a lot of equipment from them over the years, and on the few occasions I've had any problems, they just replaced or refunded without question - and were very nice about it too. In fact, I just bought a brand new Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 that won't reach optimal AF accuracy within the +/-10 adjustment range, and they've been responsive, apologetic and efficient. The lens is on its way back to them (they arranged collection for yesterday) and a new one is due to be sent out. They're good at handling warranty issues, too.
06-11-2016, 11:31 AM   #14
Forum Member

I had similar experience with UK authorized Pentax service centre.

Rang them on Monday to ask about K3 II power off issue, courier picked it up on Tuesday (free of charge), rang them again on Friday for update just to be told it's on the bench being fixed. Had it back Tuesday. 7 days turnaround with weekend in the middle. Doesn't get better than this.