Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2016, 05:17 AM   #16
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 264
QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
This will work the same as the Leitax mount I have on my Leica R 90mm f2.8 i.e. it will be the same as a 'K' or 'M' lens on a Pentax body - fully manual operation and green button metering.
Don't you mean same as an M42 lens? The green button wouldn't be able to stop down the lens unless the Nikon aperture actuator lever ended up in exactly the same spot as a Pentax aperture lever. So as you turn the aperture ring, the effect should be immediately visible in the viewfinder.

06-20-2016, 12:18 PM - 1 Like   #17
Kiwi Pentaxian
NZ_Ross's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Timaru
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,992
QuoteOriginally posted by Scintilla Quote
Don't you mean same as an M42 lens? The green button wouldn't be able to stop down the lens unless the Nikon aperture actuator lever ended up in exactly the same spot as a Pentax aperture lever. So as you turn the aperture ring, the effect should be immediately visible in the viewfinder.
Yes, and sort of - as I said the lens is fully manual. The camera recognises it as a 'K' or 'M' lens in the EXIF and when using my Leitax converted lens I use the green button to force a metering check - but you are correct it does not stop down, that I am aware of.
06-23-2016, 02:33 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Fenwoodian's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 922
Just received my used Zeiss ZF 21mm f/2.8 .2 lens from Fed Ex. It's a beauty.

My Leitax adapter is on its' way to me. I expect to receive it next week. Meanwhile, I'll get to know my Zeiss 21mm lens on my Nikon D7100 camera.

I will take some photos of the conversion process next week and post them here.

Once I have some experience with this new lens on my K1, I'll also post some photos and will let you know what I think about it's ergonomics/handling/IQ.
06-23-2016, 04:05 PM   #19
Pentaxian
ChatMechant's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 669
QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
Just received my used Zeiss ZF 21mm f/2.8 .2 lens from Fed Ex. It's a beauty.

My Leitax adapter is on its' way to me. I expect to receive it next week. Meanwhile, I'll get to know my Zeiss 21mm lens on my Nikon D7100 camera.

I will take some photos of the conversion process next week and post them here.

Once I have some experience with this new lens on my K1, I'll also post some photos and will let you know what I think about it's ergonomics/handling/IQ.
Looking forward to that.

06-23-2016, 04:09 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Fenwoodian's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 922
I just did some testing of the Zeiss 21mm on my Nikon D7100. This may be the sharpest lens that I own. I used to own the Sigma 18-35mm lens in the Nikon mount and thought that was as sharp as sharp gets - well I was wrong, the Zeiss 21mm is even sharper (and with much better colors too).

My only worry is that 21mm might be a bit of a challenge for me as it's considerable wider then I'm used to. Time will tell.
06-23-2016, 09:38 PM   #21
Kiwi Pentaxian
NZ_Ross's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Timaru
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,992
QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
My only worry is that 21mm might be a bit of a challenge for me as it's considerable wider then I'm used to. Time will tell.
If you find it is too wide, and you are not comfortable with it let me know

I am really interested in the conversion and how it goes, as I am looking at the same route myself.

Ross
06-25-2016, 09:39 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Fenwoodian's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 922
QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
If you find it is too wide, and you are not comfortable with it let me know

I am really interested in the conversion and how it goes, as I am looking at the same route myself.

Ross

I'd be happy to keep you updated on this Ross.

The Leitax conversion process is quite simple. The only tricky part is shaving 2mm off a couple of places on the rear of the 21mm lens. To make sure that I get this part just right, I've purchased and have already received a special digital calipurs that measures in metric units.
06-25-2016, 10:55 AM   #23
New Member




Join Date: May 2016
Photos: Albums
Posts: 18
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffreybehr Quote
He wrote:
"I expect to post a web page for the new Leitax mount in 1-2 weeks.

Best regards; David
www.leitax.com"



That means that perhaps-all the Zeiss Z-series lenses available in Nikon ZF.2 mount will be convertible to K-mount. We'll have to wait to see what electronic information will be transmitted.


FWIW, I'm up to four ZKs--25/2.8, 28/2, 35/2, and 85/1.4, and I hope to get a 21, converted or not.
I inquired directly to Zeiss about whether they'll start offering Pentax mounts in light of cameras like the K-1. Here's the reply:

Dear Kevin,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Sure, the Pentax K1 is an interesting camera body.

Unfortunately, we had to discontiue our K-mount lenses in 2011 because the request was too low. So we do not plan to offer K-mount lenses again within the next future.
If the Pentax full frame bodies reach a comparable market share than Canon and Nikon full frame bodies, we will re-consider it again.

For further details, please do not hesitate to contact us!

With best regards

Bertram Hönlinger
_________________

Bertram Hönlinger
Kundensupport / Customer Support
Camera Lens Division

Carl Zeiss AG
Carl-Zeiss-Straße 22
73447 Oberkochen, Germany

Telefon/Phone: +49 7364 20-6175
bertram.hoenlinger@zeiss.com
ZEISS Deutschland

10-28-2016, 01:48 AM   #24
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Dublin
Posts: 56
Hello, may I ask if anybody try converted Zeiss Distagon 18mm f3,5 ZF.2 ?
Kind regards,
Irek.
10-28-2016, 09:43 AM   #25
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 757
QuoteOriginally posted by klavrack Quote
I inquired directly to Zeiss about whether they'll start offering Pentax mounts in light of cameras like the K-1. Here's the reply:

Dear Kevin,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Sure, the Pentax K1 is an interesting camera body.

Unfortunately, we had to discontiue our K-mount lenses in 2011 because the request was too low. So we do not plan to offer K-mount lenses again within the next future.
If the Pentax full frame bodies reach a comparable market share than Canon and Nikon full frame bodies, we will re-consider it again.

For further details, please do not hesitate to contact us!

With best regards

Bertram Hönlinger
_________________

Bertram Hönlinger
Kundensupport / Customer Support
Camera Lens Division

Carl Zeiss AG
Carl-Zeiss-Straße 22
73447 Oberkochen, Germany

Telefon/Phone: +49 7364 20-6175
bertram.hoenlinger@zeiss.com
ZEISS Deutschland
If the Pentax full frame bodies reach a comparable market share than Canon and Nikon full frame bodies, we will re-consider it again.

WOW! So I'd say that's that for ZK.
10-28-2016, 01:22 PM   #26
Forum Member




Join Date: Sep 2016
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 72
comparable market share than canikon.... and for the day your dog will begin to fly and make gold dung in your garden
No hope... 😑 so, leitax seems to be the only solution
10-29-2016, 02:54 AM - 1 Like   #27
Veteran Member
MJKoski's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 694
That is kind of BS. As CaNikon Zeiss lenses are not sold like hot cakes either. They are rarely bought compared to brands' own lens selection and K-mount Zeiss could very well reach the same demand.
10-29-2016, 05:24 AM   #28
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 757
QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
That is kind of BS. As CaNikon Zeiss lenses are not sold like hot cakes either. They are rarely bought compared to brands' own lens selection and K-mount Zeiss could very well reach the same demand.
Aye! Makes a lot of sense.

I wonder why Sigma and Tamron can't realise the same that there are holes in the Pentax lens catalogue they could easily fill?

Third parties are abandoning the K-mount based on historical demand, i.e., pre-K-1. It's a mistake in my opinion.
10-29-2016, 07:35 AM - 1 Like   #29
Veteran Member
MJKoski's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 694
Yes sir! My thoughts exactly.
11-22-2016, 07:31 PM   #30
Junior Member




Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 48
You guys know that these lenses come in the ZK mount for Pentax. They are just harder to find. I have three. 35, 50 makro, and 85mm.
Also, we have our own Zeiss lens club group going.


I save the surgery for my Lecia Lenses. :~)
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, camera, dslr, full frame, full-frame, k-1, k1, leitax, lens, lenses, pentax, pentax k-1, photos, zeiss
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Pentax K-5 II, Leitz 90mm Summicron M Visoflex f/2, Leitax Adapter pleitzxcan Sold Items 5 06-10-2016 09:57 PM
Sigma rumored to be coming out with EF to NEX electronic adapter osv Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 6 04-23-2016 01:52 PM
For Sale - Sold: Contax-Zeiss 28/2.8 (Leitax adapter) les3547 Sold Items 2 08-06-2014 06:25 PM
Zeiss Icon Jena Olympus to k mount adapter Paul Pheiffer Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 7 01-29-2012 11:38 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:01 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top