Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
06-11-2016, 06:13 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I asked 'Mr. Leitax' when a Zeiss-NF.2-to-K-mount adapter might be coming.

He wrote:
"I expect to post a web page for the new Leitax mount in 1-2 weeks.

Best regards; David
www.leitax.com"

That means that perhaps-all the Zeiss Z-series lenses available in Nikon ZF.2 mount will be convertible to K-mount. We'll have to wait to see what electronic information will be transmitted.

FWIW, I'm up to four ZKs--25/2.8, 28/2, 35/2, and 85/1.4, and I hope to get a 21, converted or not.

06-11-2016, 08:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yes a 135 f/2 would be lovely, and a 15 f/2.8
06-13-2016, 11:51 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
I seem to be getting a tad irrational here*; I now have ZKs in 25, 28, 35, and 85mm...

...a ZF.2 21mm is on the way, and I've lined up a ZF.2 135/2. Sure hope the Leitax adapter proves to be real and effective! IF IF IF I buy a hi-quality 50mm/maybe-1.4, probably it'll be AF, so that leaves out ZKs or ZF.2s.

Anyone interested in a ZK 28/2 in excellent condition?

* But, then again, it's only money invested and not thrown away, and--lucky me--I've got the money.
06-14-2016, 12:48 AM   #4
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffreybehr Quote
Anyone interested in a ZK 28/2 in excellent condition?
Selling your ZK 28/2 could possibly be described as irrational. Arguably the best lens of the Zeiss ZK lenses you currently own.

Can I encourage you to read Ming Thein's review of the ZF.2 28/2 then reconsider....

And yes, I do own a ZK 28/2.

Ross

06-17-2016, 01:35 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I too just corresponded with David at Leitax. Here's the email I received from him today -

Yes, I'm preparing a mount to use the Zeiss ZF/ZF2 lenses on the Pentax K1. Stay tuned and you will see in few days a page for this combination in my site.

I've always wanted the Zeiss ZK 21mm, so based upon the upcoming Leitax adapter being available soon, I went ahead and purchased a like new one in the Nikon mount for $950 on Ebay. Those of you who also are keen to convert a Zeiss ZF Nikon mount lens to Pentax K with a Leitax adapter might want to get one soon. I have a feeling that once the Leitax adapter is out, the demand (and price) for Nikon FE Zeiss lenses might just go up...
06-17-2016, 02:23 PM - 1 Like   #6
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I too just corresponded with David at Leitax. Here's the email I received from him today -

Yes, I'm preparing a mount to use the Zeiss ZF/ZF2 lenses on the Pentax K1. Stay tuned and you will see in few days a page for this combination in my site.

I've always wanted the Zeiss ZK 21mm, so based upon the upcoming Leitax adapter being available soon,
I am the same regarding the ZK 21mm, so this is very good news
06-17-2016, 03:06 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Been a bloody expensive year and looks not to be getting any cheaper.

06-17-2016, 09:56 PM - 1 Like   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
Been a bloody expensive year and looks not to be getting any cheaper.

Oh yes, and I do NOT want to count the lenses I've bought since my February preorder! Here's my latest pair; these two arrived this week.

Sure hope 'Mr. Leitax' posts that mount-adapter soon. If these two are successful, I'll have Z-series Zeisses in 21, 25, 35, 85, and 135mm.

The 85/1.4 is lighter than I thought it would be, while the 135/2 is heavier.

I'm waiting for the IRIX 15/2.4...
Irix. Prepare for more
06-18-2016, 06:14 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Oh yes, and I do NOT want to count the lenses I've bought since my February preorder! Here's my latest pair; these two arrived this week.

Sure hope 'Mr. Leitax' posts that mount-adapter soon. If these two are successful, I'll have Z-series Zeisses in 21, 25, 35, 85, and 135mm.

The 85/1.4 is lighter than I thought it would be, while the 135/2 is heavier.

I'm waiting for the IRIX 15/2.4...
Irix. Prepare for more
Gorgeous!
06-18-2016, 09:19 AM   #10

Very interesting.

I just bought a NOS Zeiss Distagon 35mm F2 ZK for the K1 (both just arrived this week), and it's a lovely lens from what I've seen so far- being able to use more on my Pentax would be very interesting. I'd jump on the 85mm ZK if I could find one, but so far the closest I can do is a line on a SMC A* 85mm F1.4 in like new condition (functionally similar, not a Zeiss, but well regarded.

Ironically, my initial first hand experience with Zeiss is on Sony mirrorless...
06-18-2016, 12:24 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jonmarsh Quote
Very interesting.

I just bought a NOS Zeiss Distagon 35mm F2 ZK for the K1 (both just arrived this week), and it's a lovely lens from what I've seen so far- being able to use more on my Pentax would be very interesting. I'd jump on the 85mm ZK if I could find one, but so far the closest I can do is a line on a SMC A* 85mm F1.4 in like new condition (functionally similar, not a Zeiss, but well regarded.

Ironically, my initial first hand experience with Zeiss is on Sony mirrorless...
Good choice. I picked up a new Distagon 2/35 ZK and Planar 1.4/85 ZK about a month ago. Had always avoided before because I thought they were expensive. They're not expensive. They're stunning.
06-19-2016, 11:41 PM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
And here it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikon and Zeiss ZF lenses for Pentax cameras ... 67Euros (each) plus mailing. The instructions...
Leitax Zeiss ZF2 to Pentax-K mount
...look easy enough to follow.

I just sent this via e-mail:
"What information, if any, is transmitted to the camera? The camera still controls the aperture? I think the easier question is 'Does your adapter make the lens fully manual, or are the ZF.2 lenses still controlled electronically by the Pentax camera and focused manually?'

Also, the TOTAL shipping cost via courier for TWO mount adapters would be 25 Euros?

FWIW, I have ZF.2-mount lenses in 21/2.8 and 135/2."

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-20-2016, 12:17 AM   #13
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I just sent this via e-mail:
"What information, if any, is transmitted to the camera? The camera still controls the aperture? I think the easier question is 'Does your adapter make the lens fully manual, or are the ZF.2 lenses still controlled electronically by the Pentax camera and focused manually?'
I have has a quick read through the Leitax instructions, and also looked at all the photos. I can already tell, that compared to my ZK lenses the contacts to transmit lens information are not on the Leitax replacement mount.

This will work the same as the Leitax mount I have on my Leica R 90mm f2.8 i.e. it will be the same as a 'K' or 'M' lens on a Pentax body - fully manual operation and green button metering.

It is still going to be the only way you will get a Zeiss 135/2 mounted on your Pentax body.

I will be interested in what David from Leitax comes back with, but that is my take on it from the instructions and photos

---------- Post added 20-06-16 at 07:18 PM ----------

Nikon and Zeiss ZF lenses for Pentax cameras ... 67Euros (each) plus mailing. The instructions...
Leitax Zeiss ZF2 to Pentax-K mount
...look easy enough to follow.
Thanks for the links, good to see them up and to be able to read the information.

Ross
06-20-2016, 04:14 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Why would anyone think they are going to get electronic control of a lens from a replacement mount costing 67Euros? The engineering required, and the potential size of the market, would mean a replacement mount costing hundreds of Euros...
06-20-2016, 04:31 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Got this through from David at Leitax a few moments ago . . .

Nikon and Zeiss ZF lenses for Pentax cameras