Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2016, 12:37 PM - 1 Like   #1
Unregistered User

K-1 and Adobe Camera RAW Color profiles

I have been struggeling with the colors in Camera RAW since they have not matched the color comming out of the camera.

Today I stumbled on something I have not seen since the K10d. Color profiles. Now, in ACR 9.6, you can choose between Adobe Standard, Camera Bright, Landscape and so on.

I found one that matches almost perfect Well, the Camera Bright.

You find these under the Camera Tab

06-12-2016, 01:33 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is very cool! The camera profiles in Lightroom and ACR are created by Adobe with assistance from the manufacturers. The presence of other than Adobe Standard and embedded indicate better cooperation between Ricoh and tool venders. Woo! Hoo!

Steve
06-12-2016, 02:17 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
I have been struggeling with the colors in Camera RAW since they have not matched the color comming out of the camera.

Today I stumbled on something I have not seen since the K10d. Color profiles. Now, in ACR 9.6, you can choose between Adobe Standard, Camera Bright, Landscape and so on.

I found one that matches almost perfect Well, the Camera Bright.

You find these under the Camera Tab
In Lightroom? I can't see it. Under "Camera Calibration" in the Develop module, I only see Embedded and Adobe Standard. What am I doing wrong?
06-12-2016, 02:34 PM   #4
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
In Lightroom? I can't see it. Under "Camera Calibration" in the Develop module, I only see Embedded and Adobe Standard. What am I doing wrong?
Do you have the latest version of Lightroom? Are you opening a K-1 raw file?

06-12-2016, 02:43 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Do you have the latest version of Lightroom? Are you opening a K-1 raw file?
Latest Lightroom, ... but K3. Sorry, I didn't pick up that this was K1-dependent.
06-12-2016, 03:07 PM   #6
Unregistered User

K-1 and K-3II.

For the K-3 I had to do my own profiles.
06-12-2016, 08:41 PM   #7
Veteran Member

An utter godsend, FINALLY. This was one of the biggest negatives I had with Pentax is that I spend forever in post doing the color because it has to be done totally from scratch. The WB on the K-1 is generally accurate so this helps a lot.

06-13-2016, 06:47 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Guys why don't you check out the Huelight profiles? It's still not even close to what an average Nikon user has access to in LR, but it's a lot better than only being stuck to the default and embedded ones.

K1 profiles have just been added
06-13-2016, 06:58 AM   #9
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by alexeyga Quote
Guys why don't you check out the Huelight profiles? It's still not even close to what an average Nikon user has access to in LR, but it's a lot better than only being stuck to the default and embedded ones.

K1 profiles have just been added
I do not understand. Now we have the corresponding color profiles for the K-1.
06-13-2016, 07:24 AM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I do not understand. Now we have the corresponding color profiles for the K-1.
Huelight profiles have their fans regardless of what Adobe provides. It is unfortunate that one purchases a "pig in the poke" when dealing with them and that user descriptions generally follow the pattern, "much better colors", "more punch", "don't need global exposure contrast" and so on. The price is right, however

FWIW, I wonder if it is possible to extract the embedded profiles from the DNG and package them up as dcp?

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 06-13-2016 at 07:40 AM.
06-13-2016, 07:25 AM - 1 Like   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
FWIW, I wonder if it is possible to extract the embedded profiles from the DNG and package them up as dcp.
I think I may give this tool a try:

dcpTool on SourceForge

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 06-13-2016 at 07:40 AM.
06-13-2016, 07:39 AM   #12
Unregistered User

Huelight profiles have their fans regardless of what Adobe provides. It is unfortunate that one purchases a "pig in the poke" when dealing with them and that user descriptions generally follow the pattern, "much better colors", "more punch", "don't need global exposure contrast" and so on. The price is right, however

FWIW, I wonder if it is possible to extract the embedded profiles from the DNG and package them up as XML.

Steve
The "problem" with xml is that they become a preset instead of a profile. I used Adobes own program for creating colour profiles for the K-3 since the Adobe rendering was kind of dull "uncorrect". It took alot of tweaking before I was finished and I was trying to edit the sliders for the K-1 with not so much luck so I was about to start the program and create my own colour profile when I stumbled on the new choises in the new update.
06-13-2016, 07:50 AM   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The "problem" with xml is that they become a preset instead of a profile. I used Adobes own program for creating colour profiles for the K-3 since the Adobe rendering was kind of dull "uncorrect". It took alot of tweaking before I was finished and I was trying to edit the sliders for the K-1 with not so much luck so I was about to start the program and create my own colour profile when I stumbled on the new choises in the new update.
You are right regarding the XML...I edited before you posted. Sorry

The dcpTool program looks promising. If I have success, I will follow up with a post to the processing software section of this site.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 06-13-2016 at 08:20 AM.
08-09-2016, 05:25 PM   #14

You are right regarding the XML...I edited before you posted. Sorry

The dcpTool program looks promising. If I have success, I will follow up with a post to the processing software section of this site.

Steve
You have any luck?

Maybe we should start a K1 lightroom profile sharing thread? The adobe ones are garbage.
08-09-2016, 05:30 PM   #15
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SamuelDixon Quote
You have any luck?
Nope...no luck...

Steve