Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2016, 09:16 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Ordering my K-1 Tomorrow !......decisions on Exteneded Warranties availible ?

Tomorrow is the BIG Day ! I'm ordering My K-1 from either Adorama or B&H photo.
Of course I want a very good extended Manufacture warranty which is running $50 for two years or $100 for 3 years.......I'm Going with the 3 years regardless of any and everything else........That's a Given.

However my Dilemma is this..... Adorama offers a Drops and Spills warranty through New Leaf , that I have NO idea if its worth squat due to the terms of the agreement.
B&H offers an warranty through Square Trade but its quite expensive....well over $250 and I think its pretty good.

Either way I want this Camera well covered every which way possible and am not sure what way to go ?. The fact that Precision Camera is the warranty center gives me no confidence with just a standard 3 year extended Factory warranty because of their lousy reputation and my past experiences with them on my K30...... !

I guess I would like others to chime in here and a few good suggestions are needed. Right Now its B&H Photo with a standard 3 year Pentax warranty. Anything else I should do ? And please.....lets not get into the subject of adding it to my Homeowners Policy.....That's OUT !

Thank You my fellow Pentaxians.

*******UPDATE ! I Just ordered through ADORAMA.......3 years Factory Warranty ......and....... 3 Years New Leaf Drops and Spills .......Adorama offered FREE Expedited shipping and a nice little Discount on top of it all........They have 4 left as of 5 minutes ago !********

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 06-16-2016 at 10:23 AM.
06-16-2016, 09:26 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have not bought warranty beside the $20 pentax extended warranty... don't see that available for K-1 though?

I think adorama's "New Leaf 5 Year Drops & Spills Extra Protection" is pretty good, for 5 years, pretty much cover the expected life of the camera.
(and I just check, they have K-1 in stock!!)
06-16-2016, 09:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
I have not bought warranty beside the $20 pentax extended warranty... don't see that available for K-1 though?

I think adorama's "New Leaf 5 Year Drops & Spills Extra Protection" is pretty good, for 5 years, pretty much cover the expected life of the camera.
No......Its not in stock......just got off the phone with them. Upon reading the New Leaf Warranty terms and exculsions.....it doesn't look so good as they at one place say they EXCLUDE accidents at their discretion....Not too good and is also confusing.
Yes......3 full years extended Factory warranty is available for the K-1........its either $100 or $110

HOLY SMOKES ! IT IS IN STOCK !!!

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 06-16-2016 at 12:01 PM.
06-16-2016, 09:37 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
No......Its not in stock......just got off the phone with them. Upon reading the New Leaf Warranty terms and exculsions.....it doesn't look so good as they at one place say they EXCLUDE accidents at their discretion....Not too good and is also confusing.
Yes......3 full years extended Factory warranty is available for the K-1........its either $100 or $110
what.... that's not cool. Will it be better if we purchase insurance for all the gear instead (through our Home insurance)?

oh... found it: http://www.adorama.com/IPXXWIL.html?

The warranty jump from $20 to $110. Quite expensive!

06-16-2016, 10:03 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Not much to add but do have one simple request, would you order me a k1 as well... I assure you I would be very nice to it... pleeeeeeaaaaasssssssseeeeeee.....
06-16-2016, 10:18 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by W.j.christy Quote
Not much to add but do have one simple request, would you order me a k1 as well... I assure you I would be very nice to it... pleeeeeeaaaaasssssssseeeeeee.....
If You Buy me the DFA 24-70 and the DFA 15-30.......YOU....Got A deal !

---------- Post added 06-17-16 at 01:20 AM ----------

ADORAMA HAS 4 Left as of 5 minutes ago ! One is Now on its way .......YESSSSS !
I went with 3 year Factory warranty.......and a 3 year New Leaf Drops and Spills Warranty.......Adorama offered a Nice little Discount and FREE Expedited shipping !

---------- Post added 06-17-16 at 01:41 AM ----------

Thank You for the heads Up on the "IN STOCK" at Adorama......I Really appreciate it....I grabbed one of the last 4 they had.......THANK YOU !
06-16-2016, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This is the extended warranty for the K-1 (as well as any future DSLR costing over $1000):
http://www.adorama.com/IPXXWIL.html?

The $20 warranty is still around, but now costs $50.

@Dlanor Sekao; congrats on the purchase!

If you're looking for a reliable third-party warranty provider, try Square Trade, by the way.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-16-2016, 02:21 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This is the extended warranty for the K-1 (as well as any future DSLR costing over $1000):
http://www.adorama.com/IPXXWIL.html?amp;amp;

The $20 warranty is still around, but now costs $50.

@Dlanor Sekao; congrats on the purchase!

If you're looking for a reliable third-party warranty provider, try Square Trade, by the way.
Yes.....$50 for two years.....(the Link You Provided shows 3 years @ $110).......They have a 3 year extended factory warranty for $110 which I bought.
Thank You Adam for the Congratulations.......I'm really Fired Up with new creativity over being able to finally get it.

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 06-16-2016 at 02:28 PM.
06-16-2016, 02:39 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Yes.....$50 for two years.....(the Link You Provided shows 3 years @ $110).......They have a 3 year extended factory warranty for $110 which I bought.
Thank You Adam for the Congratulations.......I'm really Fired Up with new creativity over being able to finally get it.
Both are two year extensions (=3 years total), but the $50 warranty wouldn't have been valid on the K-1 had you gotten it. Good you went for the right one!

Enjoy the K-1

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-16-2016, 02:52 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Both are two year extensions (=3 years total), but the $50 warranty wouldn't have been valid on the K-1 had you gotten it. Good you went for the right one!

Enjoy the K-1
Yes......I also went for the 3 year New Leaf Warranty plus Drops and Spills......for an additional $78 figured the double coverage sure couldn't hurt.
Would have preferred the Square Trade warranty , but it was almost $300 for 3 years.....Just thought that was too much at the moment.