Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-16-2016, 02:53 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Link to a Review of the K-1 "in the field"

I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to do this!
I've posted my review of the K-1 elsewhere. I hope it speaks for itself.

Review: K-1 in the field

06-16-2016, 03:04 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You certainly are. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-16-2016, 03:17 PM   #3
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice review, Barry!
06-16-2016, 04:52 PM   #4

And... Thank you Barry for you in depth impressions on the K1
I believe that you like the camera, that would be an understatement from the
glowing report. Thank for taking your time and sharing your findings.
And enjoy your photography. It certainly looks like you are.

06-17-2016, 06:32 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pattymeboy Quote
And... Thank you Barry for you in depth impressions on the K1
I believe that you like the camera, that would be an understatement from the
glowing report. Thank for taking your time and sharing your findings.
And enjoy your photography. It certainly looks like you are.
Thanks to you and everyone else for that.
I'm not sure whether I'm simply "preaching to the converted". Does everyone in this particular forum already have a K-1?

I used at least 6 different models of Pentax full frame film cameras between 1967 and 2004.
I used 6 different Pentax APS-C flagship digital cameras between 2004 and now.

And in terms of image quality, and the ease of taking high quality images, the K-1 leaves them all trailing in the dust!

There were times after the *istD when nothing relevant to me appeared to be happening. And times during the Hoya years when Pentax appeared to be going down the tubes. Also, I've occasionally wondered whether to hire and try the Pentax 645z for studio work to get a bit more image quality for large printing.

All that has gone. Pentax FF digital, camera(s) and lenses, is where I expect to be for a long time! Why not?

I know that what a lot of people in these forums want to see are photographs! If any of those people read this, and don't want to wade through all the words in my review, I deliberately concentrated links to lots of photos in one post:
Review: K-1 photographs

And, although I do various sorts of photography, I wanted to emphasise the suitability of the K-1 for action photography. Some people haven't grasped that yet.
06-17-2016, 09:06 AM   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Barry Pearson Quote
I'm not sure whether I'm simply "preaching to the converted". Does everyone in this particular forum already have a K-1?
Not at all, Barry... there are many, many members with other Pentax cameras (and a good number with other brands too). I've stopped at the K-3 and K-3II for now (plus a non-Pentax FF platform), both of which I really like. If I do get a K-1, it won't be for some considerable time, as my photographic needs are more than covered for the time being - but reviews like yours make it more likely that I'll be tempted eventually