Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2016, 05:53 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-1, LV in low light

Question. I was using the K-1 in a museum of sorts over the weekend, and trying to use LV to get precise manual focus. So the scenes were typically dark backgrounds with brightly lit subjects. The problem I had was, the LV auto-adjusts depending on the scene, which is OK, except when I tried to magnify something that was brightly lit, it would blow it out big time, and I couldn't focus on it at all. Anyone experienced this, and if so has anyone figured a work-around?

06-20-2016, 05:59 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I have the same problem with the K5, and the best solution I have found so far is to use center weighted light metering. That will work as long as the object is large enough to cover the center.
06-20-2016, 06:49 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you tried other exposure modes? They behave differently.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dslr, focus, full frame, full-frame, k-1, k1, lv, pentax k-1