Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2016, 06:22 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K-1 combines frames

Hi,
I just got a brand new K-1. Tried with some of the lenses. Everything looked great until I put DA 40. After a few shots it started to combine 2 shots together: shot 1 is OK, shot 2 shows 1+2, shot 3 is OK, shot 4 shows 3+4.
Did I miss something in the settings (I checked HDR is off) or the camera is screwed?
Thank you very much.

AK

06-20-2016, 06:42 AM   #2
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sinus007 Quote
Hi,
I just got a brand new K-1. Tried with some of the lenses. Everything looked great until I put DA 40. After a few shots it started to combine 2 shots together: shot 1 is OK, shot 2 shows 1+2, shot 3 is OK, shot 4 shows 3+4.
Did I miss something in the settings (I checked HDR is off) or the camera is screwed?
Thank you very much.

AK
Sound like you have the drive mode set to multiple exposure. Set it to single shot.
06-20-2016, 06:44 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Happened to me to I accidentally changed drive mode when I was supposed to change focus point...
06-20-2016, 06:55 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

One of my favorite things about the K-1 is the lock mode which allows you to prevent these accidental settings changes. It is quick and easy to use. I have been wanting such a feature for years having had WB, Drive mode etc change accidentally as I scrambled up rocks or just as the camera bumped against me as I walked. Try it.

06-20-2016, 06:59 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi,
Thanks, it was set to multi-exposure.

AK
06-20-2016, 09:38 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
Happened to me to I accidentally changed drive mode when I was supposed to change focus point...
I'd recommend the custom setting that makes the rear controller default to controlling the AF points. That way if you need to change the drive mode, you have to press the little AF point button first. I really like this setting on the K-1 as it prevent effectively accidental changes, for me at least.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: