Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2016, 03:42 PM - 5 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@Qwntm That bit about having it because I want to have it and it fits my lenses better - that's the only thing that matters.

Academic discussion of objective benefit is one thing. Posters would be kind, however, to stop telling K-1 owners we have more camera than we need or can use. We have more car and house and clothes and computing power and media units and bedrooms and beer and food and medical care and choices in everything than we need or can use, too. Do you think in a better world less would be more?

Some of us are getting a mite peeved at being told what we should have and use and do and think about lots of things.

Last edited by monochrome; 06-21-2016 at 03:56 PM.
06-21-2016, 03:46 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
@Qwntm That bit about having it because I want to have it and it fits my lenses better - that's the only thing that matters.

Posters would be kind to stop telling K-1 owners we have more camera than we need or can use. We have more car and house and clothes and computing power and media units and bedrooms and beer and food and medical care and choices in everything than we need or can use, too. Do you think in a better world less would be more?

Some of us are getting a mite peeved at being told what we should have and use and do and think about lots of things.
I'm not getting much from the K-1 over the past few weeks. No sunshine. Grey British cloud. Day in day out. It's starting to get me down.
06-21-2016, 03:46 PM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
What's up with the crusade against the new FF? I am really confused here... It is the best DSLR ever made by Pentax. In ALL regards. The K-5 was awsome, then the K-3 that was alot of fun but the K-1, the K-1 is like superglue. It will give you technically better images than any Pentax DSLR before it. And it is soooo much easier to use.

Why don't you get one already? Stop being so bitter...
QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
I don't really get it either. The K-1's not exactly expensive in any case.
Envy? Frustration at availability? Sheer cussedness and contrariness? Can't say PentaxIsDoomed any more so have to complain that it isn't?

If I didn't know better I'd think they were on the take.
06-21-2016, 03:50 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Envy? Frustration at availability? Sheer cussedness and contrariness? Can't say PentaxIsDoomed any more so have to complain that it isn't?

If I didn't know better I'd think they were on the take.
If only Pentax sold sunshine.

06-21-2016, 03:50 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
I still have no clue what you're talking about regarding stitching, sorry.
Bokeh panorama, focusing on the subject and taking multiple shots of the subject and around the subject with apsc or mft camera to emulate a large format camera.
06-21-2016, 03:56 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
What's up with the crusade against the new FF? I am really confused here... It is the best DSLR ever made by Pentax. In ALL regards. The K-5 was awsome, then the K-3 that was alot of fun but the K-1, the K-1 is like superglue. It will give you technically better images than any Pentax DSLR before it. And it is soooo much easier to use.

Why don't you get one already? Stop being so bitter...
Ya, why don't I buy a new Mercedes while I'm at it? They really are easier to use.
For a certain type of photography, the K-1 will give you better images. For other types of photography it won't . Your "my camera is better in every way than your camera" money centered, egocentric nonsense is offensive. Your "there is a type of camera that is better for every use than some other type of camera" is also misguided. You should really just quit with it.

Your "if you were smart you'd just buy what I bought is even worse. How do you know if you had the same needs as me , you would not be buying what I bought? Is every K-1 owner a condescending idiot?

i

Last edited by normhead; 07-06-2016 at 01:04 PM.
06-21-2016, 04:00 PM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Qwntm has been evangelized (or brainwashed) by Fuji who don't have, at least for a while any full frame plans, hence the so called Fuji marketing hymn relayed all over the places: "No benefit of full frame over apsc. Amen!".

So of course, Fuji want to take customers from Pentax, because it's easier target compared to Nikon , Canon colossus.

You seach Fuji in youtube, and "No benefit of full frame over apsc. Amen!" is all you hear over and over again from Fuji marketing harms (people sponsored by Fuji to do Fuji workshops and videos). However, before getting a K1, I tried a Fuji XT1, and in all honesty, while I was impressed by the AF speed in good lighting, I wasn't convinced by the image quality, the K1 explode the XT1 in terms of image quality, you see it immediately by taking one photo with each camera.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 06-21-2016 at 04:13 PM.
06-21-2016, 04:01 PM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Ya, why don't I buy a new Mercedes while I'm at it? They really are easier to use.
For a certain type of photography, the K-1 will give you better images. For other types of photography it won't . Your "my camera is better in every way than your camera" money centered, egocentric nonsense is offensive. Your "there is a type of camera that is better for every use than some other type of camera" is also misguided. You should really just quit with it.

Your "if you were smart you'd just buy what I bought is even worse. How do you know if you had the same needs as me , you douldn;t be buying what I bought? Is every K-1 owner a condescending idiot?
Norm, you are right in some cases,Yes, but it goes both ways. K-3 is a great camera but I never warmed to it. K-1 feels completely natural. It is entirely subjective - I know that.

I just wish a few members here would stop lecturing people like me about our choice.
06-21-2016, 04:02 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Your "if you were smart you'd just buy what I bought is even worse. How do you know if you had the same needs as me , you douldn;t be buying what I bought? Is every K-1 owner a condescending idiot?

i
Just buy one and find out. They're really nice to use. Been impressed with the results from the 150-450 I've seen.
06-21-2016, 04:06 PM - 2 Likes   #25
Veteran Member

Is every K-1 owner a condescending idiot?
Straight to personalizing the issue. Nice.

I use cameras with 5 different sensor sizes (phone, superzoom, RX-100, APS-C, FF). Heaven knows how you would choose to judge me, if you use the sensor a person shoots with to decide the kind of person they are.
06-21-2016, 04:14 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Straight to personalizing the issue. Nice.

I use cameras with 5 different sensor sizes (phone, superzoom, RX-100, APS-C, FF). Heaven knows how you would choose to judge me, if you use the sensor a person shoots with to decide the kind of person they are.
I use three different APS-C's and two full frames. That being said one APS-C and one full frame along with a load of glass (££££Gulp!) has been sequestered by my eldest daughter. She's twelve and shows great promise as a tog.
06-21-2016, 04:24 PM - 2 Likes   #27
Pentaxian

Different sensors accomodate different needs. A variety enables users. Happy shooting!
06-21-2016, 05:38 PM - 1 Like   #28
Veteran Member

You should take a look at this webpage: Full frame and crop sensor comparison: DOF and perspective.

Although there's a difference in the DOF and background blur, it's subtle at best. You really have to be a excellent photographer to exploit this difference. It's certainly not enough to turn a good picture bad, and also not enough to turn an already excellent picture in an outstanding one...
06-21-2016, 05:41 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I tend to believe the person behind the camera is the biggest part of the photography equation. Let's be truthful, I shoot my aps-c wide open 90% of the time. Very few photographers (myself included) can get away with shooting wide open 90% of time on a FF. I am not saying I won't get a K-1. I will. But my customers will buy it for me with the money I make taking their photos on my K30 and K50. I find it hard to believe that what were very good cameras 3 months ago are now garbage.
06-21-2016, 07:49 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Academic discussion of objective benefit is one thing. Posters would be kind, however, to stop telling K-1 owners we have more camera than we need or can use. We have more car and house and clothes and computing power and media units and bedrooms and beer and food and medical care and choices in everything than we need or can use, too. Do you think in a better world less would be more?

Posters would also be kind in not exaggerating how much better the K1 is over the APSc Pentax offerings.

There's no "crusade" here, I would like to have one but don't need it. As a person with experience shooting both formats professionally I'm just trying to keep reality in the picture a bit and that's what gets people upset when they have to justify everything.

I am getting a mite bit peeved at those who really don't know what they're talking about telling me how much better something is when I know it's not THAT much better from my own experience.

---------- Post added 06-21-16 at 08:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by CarlJF Quote
You should take a look at this webpage: Full frame and crop sensor comparison: DOF and perspective.

Although there's a difference in the DOF and background blur, it's subtle at best. You really have to be a excellent photographer to exploit this difference. It's certainly not enough to turn a good picture bad, and also not enough to turn an already excellent picture in an outstanding one...

Why the crusade against full frame?

How dare you inject reality into the discussion!

People are going to get peeved that you are ordering them to think and buy certain things.

Some of the comments in this thread are ridiculous.

Subtle at best is fightin' words evidently.