Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2016, 08:54 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You might want to try Bluestacks. It runs under Windows and provides an Android environment within Windows rather than being an alternative OS.

It's designed to run Android games on a Windows PC but it seems to support other Android apps.
I haven't tested it extensively but it seems to work with the Ricoh Theta app I was interested in.

06-25-2016, 09:02 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Ricohs website directs me to two app choices... Android or Apple ? My wonderful Nextbook is Windows based Apps as far as I can tell.......I think anyway......lol.
The app is only for Android and IOS. That is why it does not work for you.
06-25-2016, 09:29 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
You might trial this:

Run Android on Windows - Fastest Android Emulator

Whether it will work with the Pentax app I don't know, but you can find out for free...
Well......All was looking quite promising. However when Amazon and/or a Third Party will only activate your 30 Day FREE subscription AFTER you provide a Credit Card and they bill you $15.......That Ceases to be FREE.......I Don't give my CC out unless I can read the FULL terms of such "FREE" agreement.
I have no idea if it would have worked......and I'm not about to find out with such BS.
It would have been much better to let me really try it FREE for 30 days.......and then they could have held me Hostage for a Years subscription when it actually WORKED !

---------- Post added 06-26-16 at 12:30 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by roberrl Quote
You might want to try Bluestacks. It runs under Windows and provides an Android environment within Windows rather than being an alternative OS.

It's designed to run Android games on a Windows PC but it seems to support other Android apps.
I haven't tested it extensively but it seems to work with the Ricoh Theta app I was interested in.
I do plan on looking into it......thanks.
06-25-2016, 09:36 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Well......All was looking quite promising. However when Amazon and/or a Third Party will only activate your 30 Day FREE subscription AFTER you provide a Credit Card and they bill you $15.......That Ceases to be FREE.......I Don't give my CC out unless I can read the FULL terms of such "FREE" agreement.
I have no idea if it would have worked......and I'm not about to find out with such BS.
It would have been much better to let me really try it FREE for 30 days.......and then they could have held me Hostage for a Years subscription when it actually WORKED !

---------- Post added 06-26-16 at 12:30 AM ----------

I do plan on looking into it......thanks.
Oh well. Bluestacks might work (not sure how their trial works), but I found it annoying and unstable for the most part...

06-25-2016, 09:44 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Oh well. Bluestacks might work (not sure how their trial works), but I found it annoying and unstable for the most part...
I think the best thing for me to do is just get a top of the line Android based Tablet.
06-25-2016, 10:27 AM   #21
Pentaxian

I think the best thing for me to do is just get a top of the line Android based Tablet.
Always an option.
06-25-2016, 10:29 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonbaloney Quote
always an option.
Done.......Just bought a suitable one at Wally World.