Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2016, 07:05 AM   #1
Veteran Member

New to Wi-Fi.....cannot connect to my tablet.....Simply lost.

Today I decided that I need to figure out how to download images to my Nextbook tablet (windows) instead of using the cord or a SD card adapter.
No problem recognizing the K-1 wi-fi , but every time I try and connect my tablet drops my home Wi-Fi connection and connects to the K-I Wi-Fi signal after entering the correct Pentax Password found in my settings...... and that's where everything stops and all I get is "connected" ..."No Internet connection"...........Just what am I doing wrong ?

I have Wi-Fi on two cameras now , and its going to waste not learning how to use it on my tablet.
***No Problem on my Android phone.......its the tablet giving me fits****

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 06-25-2016 at 07:45 AM.
06-25-2016, 07:19 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I think that is what is supposed to happen? (But I don't have a model with wifi yet.) Your camera is the source of the wi-fi -- it's own network (no internet). So your tablet connects to that, and you can use it for camera business. And it disconnects from your home wi-fi because you told it to (in order to connect to the camera) -- it can only connect to one at a time. I think you are looking for them all to connect to the same home network, but I'm not sure it can do that -- from what I've read about it the camera is CONNECTED TO as it provides its own network, but it doesn't connect as client to other networks. Do I have that right?
06-25-2016, 07:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
I think that is what is supposed to happen? (But I don't have a model with wifi yet.) Your camera is the source of the wi-fi -- it's own network (no internet). So your tablet connects to that, and you can use it for camera business. And it disconnects from your home wi-fi because you told it to (in order to connect to the camera) -- it can only connect to one at a time. I think you are looking for them all to connect to the same home network, but I'm not sure it can do that -- from what I've read about it the camera is CONNECTED TO as it provides its own network, but it doesn't connect as client to other networks. Do I have that right?
I have no problem it dropping any network I'm connected to and connecting to the Pentax Wi-Fi.......but when its connected.....what next ? I'm connected , but get no menu from there.......nothing ?
Is this because my tabet is not Android or Apple based OS ?

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 06-25-2016 at 07:33 AM.
06-25-2016, 07:29 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
I have no problem it dropping any network I'm connected to and connecting to the Pentax Wi-Fi.......but when its connected.....what next ? I'm connected , but get no menu from there.......nothing ?
Install the Ricoh/Pentax "Image Sync" app. (Check Android or Apple app store, depending.)

06-25-2016, 07:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Install the Ricoh/Pentax "Image Sync" app. (Check Android or Apple app store, depending.)
Ive downloaded it......yet I cannot find it in my apps ? Is this because I'm not using an Android or Apple based tablet ?
06-25-2016, 07:35 AM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Image Sync app is the (necessary) tool that allows your device to INTERACT with the camera. Right now your camera is happily connected, waiting for the app to tell it what to do.
06-25-2016, 07:38 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ive downloaded it......yet I cannot find it in my apps ? Is this because I'm not using an Android or Apple based tablet ?
I don't know much about the app. Is it offered for Windows tablets? How did you download it and from where what version etc?

Edit - I just looked and on Ricoh Japan's site it s at iOS and Android. I think your tablet is incompatible.

06-25-2016, 07:40 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Today I decided that I need to figure out how to download images to my Nextbook tablet (windows) instead of using the cord or a SD card adapter.
No problem recognizing the K-1 wi-fi , but every time I try and connect my tablet drops my home Wi-Fi connection and connects to the K-I Wi-Fi signal after entering the correct Pentax Password found in my settings...... and that's where everything stops and all I get is "connected" ..."No Internet connection"...........Just what am I doing wrong ?

I have Wi-Fi on two cameras now , and its going to waste not learning how to use it on my tablet.
Image Sync for windows doesn't exist yet that I know of. I requested the ability from Pentax when the K1 first came out. I've found no way to connect to a Windows pc from k1 via wifi.
RONC
06-25-2016, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Probably yes.

See further: Image Sync / APP / DOWNLOAD / SUPPORT | RICOH IMAGING
06-25-2016, 07:41 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I don't know much about the app. Is it offered for Windows tablets? How did you download it and from where what version etc?
Ricohs website directs me to two app choices... Android or Apple ? My wonderful Nextbook is Windows based Apps as far as I can tell.......I think anyway......lol.
06-25-2016, 07:46 AM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The Image Sync app is the (necessary) tool that allows your device to INTERACT with the camera. Right now your camera is happily connected, waiting for the app to tell it what to do.
Wow, I never realized that! Thank you.
06-25-2016, 07:48 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote

Edit - I just looked and on Ricoh Japan's site it s at iOS and Android. I think your tablet is incompatible.
I believe You are right. There must be somw work around , but its most likely beyond my limited technical ability.......lol.

---------- Post added 06-25-16 at 10:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
Image Sync for windows doesn't exist yet that I know of. I requested the ability from Pentax when the K1 first came out. I've found no way to connect to a Windows pc from k1 via wifi.
RONC
Dabnabbitt......lol. I never really used any of Nextbooks Apps so never noticed it until now......If this is the case.....thanks Microsoft !!
I didn't know until this morning that all apps are NOT Apple or Android based...........wonderful.

---------- Post added 06-25-16 at 11:06 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
RONC
Thanks ! I guess I just learned this.......at least I can quit banging my head on a Block Wall now....lol

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 06-25-2016 at 07:54 AM.
06-25-2016, 08:19 AM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

You might trial this:

Run Android on Windows - Fastest Android Emulator

Whether it will work with the Pentax app I don't know, but you can find out for free...
06-25-2016, 08:26 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You might trial this:

Run Android on Windows - Fastest Android Emulator

Whether it will work with the Pentax app I don't know, but you can find out for free...
Trying it now......Downloading........this is a quite large download.
06-25-2016, 08:36 AM   #15
Pentaxian

It is essentially installing Android as a second OS, so proceed with caution, at your own risk, etc. (It is from reputable large company AMI, should be good product, but haven't used it.) There is another android emulator that would be a simpler install probably called BlueStacks, but is mainly for games and tends not to work great. Anyway, if it works out (and you eventually buy it), DuOS will let you run any Android app looks like -- a whole new way for you to waste time!