Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2016, 07:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

VELO Freewave RW-C1 Wireless Shutter release.......Works Wonderful on the K-1

A couple months ago I won a Goodwill Auction for a whole box of lets say..... Photography Junk.......28lbs worth to be exact.
Included in the auction were many items including lenses , filters , hoods , just general Photography related items..... all at whopping $29 including shipping.

One of the items was a NIP unused Velo Freewave RW-C1 wireless Remote shutter release that was unused and unopened in the original box
I didn't really mess with it until today while familiarizing myself more with the K-1 and that's when I got to looking at it. It was marked for use on Canon , but also included the Pentax K-5 in the specs it would work with........I decided to try it.

The receiver can be placed in the hot shoe or just let hang loose. It has a small antenna on the transmitter and is supposed to work up to 300' unobstructed. I can say it works exactly as it should. It has Bulb , continuous , 2 sec delay.......and works both as a wired and wireless depending on individual need. The button has a half press release button so if you want to pre focus and then select Manual focus or you can leave it On as need dictates.

There are LED indicators for on , actuation , and shutter release so it can be seen for quite a distance. And......300' is a understatement for the range as I tested it to over 500' across open water.........It WORKS !

Also included is a lanyard and separate small chain and keeper snap for a vest if needed.........Overall very pleased as this just replaced my Generic IR release when needed.......I simply couldn't ask for more.

Here is the Link for it at B&H.......

Vello FreeWave Wireless Remote Shutter Release RW-C1 B&H Photo

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 06-25-2016 at 07:58 PM.
06-25-2016, 08:23 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use the Vello RS-C1II Wired Remote. I have an IR wireless, but the batteries did not last, so I bought the wired that derives its power from the camera battery.

Vello seems to be a good brand.

Nice to see that you have found something that works for you.

If you ever need the wired version that I mentioned, the shortcut is below.

Vello RS-C1II Wired Remote Switch for Select Cameras RS-C1II B&H