Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2016, 07:58 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
You would be hopelessly single for the rest of your life if that's a real plan....
Actually I did something similar. My girlfriend and I were planning marriage and she decided that we would need a new stereo system and she kept bugging me to get one. So I finally did. After I got it I told her that she would have to wait a awhile longer for her ring as I had spent the money on a the stereo system. I did get her the ring a short time later. August 21 will be 40 years.

06-30-2016, 08:20 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Actually I did something similar. My girlfriend and I were planning marriage and she decided that we would need a new stereo system and she kept bugging me to get one. So I finally did. After I got it I told her that she would have to wait a awhile longer for her ring as I had spent the money on a the stereo system. I did get her the ring a short time later. August 21 will be 40 years.
LOL A bit different. We have no indication that the proposal is on the verge in this case.
06-30-2016, 09:06 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
LOL A bit different. We have no indication that the proposal is on the verge in this case.
Maybe not in his mind.
06-30-2016, 09:38 PM   #19
Pentaxian

That must be one seriously impressive stereo system.

07-01-2016, 06:24 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
That must be one seriously impressive stereo system.
Actually it wasn't. But is was an upgrade. We were not well off when we started out, but did make it through okay with a lot of "financial discipline" and working my butt off to advance myself at work to take care of the family. A big night out was McDonalds. And not very often. No idea where the 40 years went. Kind of a blur.
07-01-2016, 09:32 AM   #21

Original Poster
40 years! Wow congrats. What kind of stereo was it? 8 track :-D