Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3135 Likes Search this Thread
07-06-2016, 10:22 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
If you click on the images you will be forwarded to Flickr where you can click again for zoom and you can also see all data regarding the gear used.
Well, that goes for my image anyway.
Same here, but the lenses were Pentax D-FA 15-30mm and D-FA 24-70mm respectively

07-09-2016, 02:21 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi
I noticed that there is 2 options when selecting Pixel Shift. Wich one shall be used? In the photo I have taken (landscape), the leaves are blury by the wind.Only static objects seems more sharp then without that Pixel Shift.
Thanks
António
07-09-2016, 05:33 AM   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Antonio Andrade Quote
Hi
I noticed that there is 2 options when selecting Pixel Shift. Wich one shall be used? In the photo I have taken (landscape), the leaves are blury by the wind.Only static objects seems more sharp then without that Pixel Shift.
Thanks
António
Use the one called 'MC', which stands for motion correction. If there is any movement in the frame, such as leaves rustling in the wind, you need motion correction. You will also need to process the pixel shift file in the Pentax Digital Camera Utility. That is where the Motion Correction is done. If there's no motion (such as interior photo or in rocky area) MC will not have any adverse effect, so I have gotten in the habit of always using that option just in case.
07-09-2016, 07:25 AM - 8 Likes   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Antonio Andrade Quote
Hi
Thanks
António
Motion Correction is the one to use if there is any movement in the scene. It will use the first image (which hopefully is sharp) in those situations.

Here are a couple of Pixel Shifted images from last night:

Golden Hour After the Storm (with DA *55 in full frame mode)

Sunset. (with DFA 24-70)

Both of these were shot pretty dark to keep highlights in the sky and then the foreground brightened about three stops.

07-09-2016, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

Click on the image for full rez. PS taken by balancing camera on a post. Exported from DCU without Movement correction. The lens is not the best in the corners (pentax k 20/4)

07-09-2016, 12:20 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I love this thread, and I hate you all with cameras that can do PS.

Keep them coming, fellas.
07-09-2016, 02:18 PM   #22
Unregistered User

PS used for repro... Negative from Pentax 6x7

07-09-2016, 02:53 PM   #23
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
PS used for repro... Negative from Pentax 6x7
That is very cool!
07-11-2016, 08:43 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi
Thanks for your replay. Very appreciated.
Regards
António
07-13-2016, 05:45 AM - 4 Likes   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Here are two pixel shifted images:

Truck (not mine)

07-13-2016, 05:54 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Rondec, Seeing the high water I know where all our rain went. Love the truck. From back in the days where they were working tools and not fashion statements. Nice shots. I will be crossing the northern part of your state in a few days, Not as scenic as where you live.
07-14-2016, 05:44 AM - 3 Likes   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Early Morning Tucker Lake.

07-14-2016, 10:54 AM   #28
Forum Member

Great image Rondec! Did you capture this with Pixel Shift movement or non-movement? Seems to me that most landscape would be shot with movement and studio work with non-movement.
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Early Morning Tucker Lake.

07-14-2016, 11:37 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Namajam Quote
Great image Rondec! Did you capture this with Pixel Shift movement or non-movement? Seems to me that most landscape would be shot with movement and studio work with non-movement.
My process is to shoot the image and then develop it in DCU on my computer to a 16 bit TIFF file (using the movement control). I then finish development in Lightroom.

Basically the TIFF file is like a super file with a whole lot of resolution, color depth and dynamic range.

You are right that movement is useful for normal scenes and non-movement for studio/things that aren't moving at all.
07-14-2016, 01:28 PM   #30
Forum Member

We need an acronym page! DCU?

Do you only do the Pixel Shift (PS) in DCU and the rest in Lightroom? I strictly use Lightroom for my workflow. I tried to do PS in lightroom but not sure if I seen much of a difference.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
My process is to shoot the image and then develop it in DCU on my computer to a 16 bit TIFF file (using the movement control). I then finish development in Lightroom.

Basically the TIFF file is like a super file with a whole lot of resolution, color depth and dynamic range.

You are right that movement is useful for normal scenes and non-movement for studio/things that aren't moving at all.