Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2019, 07:30 AM - 2 Likes   #1006
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Tree Before Dawn (DFA 24-70/pixel shift)

05-08-2019, 02:49 AM - 2 Likes   #1007
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It is strawberry season again (DFA 100 macro/pixel shift)

2 Days Ago - 1 Like   #1008
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Cattle in a Field (DA *55/pixel shift)

1 Day Ago   #1009
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Cattle in a Field (DA *55/pixel shift)

How do you handle the motion correction for your work? I'm imagining with a scene like this that the PS stuff wouldn't have been pushed through for a lot of the cattle and grass? I use RawTherapee for my motion correction and show the Motion Mask, and it gives me an idea of how much of the is not going to be pixelshifted etc.

This shot for example;

23mm/f8, DA 20-40 on the K-1 (ff mode)

a lot of the grass was ok, even some of the tree, but quite a few of the leaves were moving and thus a good 50% of the tree is not really pixelshifted.

1 Day Ago   #1010
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
How do you handle the motion correction for your work? I'm imagining with a scene like this that the PS stuff wouldn't have been pushed through for a lot of the cattle and grass? I use RawTherapee for my motion correction and show the Motion Mask, and it gives me an idea of how much of the is not going to be pixelshifted etc.

This shot for example;

23mm/f8, DA 20-40 on the K-1 (ff mode)

a lot of the grass was ok, even some of the tree, but quite a few of the leaves were moving and thus a good 50% of the tree is not really pixelshifted.
I use Raw Therapee too. In the above image, probably 75 percent was pixel shifted, based on the mask, and 25 percent wasn't. As you say, if the majority of the image is masked, you might just as well skip the pixel shifting process.
21 Hours Ago   #1011
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I use Raw Therapee too. In the above image, probably 75 percent was pixel shifted, based on the mask, and 25 percent wasn't. As you say, if the majority of the image is masked, you might just as well skip the pixel shifting process.
That's pretty good for a scene like that to get 75%, I would have thought the cow/s would sway or move just a tad and the grass etc, just goes to show, cattle me like stone! haha.

Sometimes when I review my shots and see motion on things that really shouldn't have had any motion at all I wonder what's going, tripod not tight enough, a bit of wind etc, the clunking of the shutter even though it's being handled via ES?
6 Hours Ago   #1012
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Broken Down Shed at Sunrise (DFA 24-70mm/pixel shift)