amazing
07-10-2016, 12:07 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
nice article
07-10-2016, 12:33 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The reads like a well balanced article. Mentioning the strong points of the K1 as well as some areas which still leave room for improvements.
I like his "focus" on real world usability!

Thanks for sharing the link!

07-10-2016, 05:41 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good article. Pentax should indeed target those weak points he mentions about bulb mode such as an indicator for elapsed time and some sort of busy/processing indicator when the image is saved/noise reduction is under way.
07-10-2016, 06:33 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Nice article... it's nice to see some one shooting image I'd actually take myself. But in all fairness, I have friends who switched from Canon to Nikon for dynamic range, so , it's not the first time I've heard this kind of story from former Canon shooters.

The lack of obvious improvement in Pixel shifted images is a little disconcerting. Although I have many images that I'm convinced are just as rich a pixel shifted images. I wonder if they make more difference on the smaller pixels of a K-3 or K-70, which would normally be one stop more prone to noise. We have seen some evidence there are pixel peeping differences, not great ones, but noticeable, however there is no evidence of any improvement in either web sized images or prints.

In any case, many interesting points are raised.
07-11-2016, 02:55 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Nice article... it's nice to see some one shooting image I'd actually take myself. But in all fairness, I have friends who switched from Canon to Nikon for dynamic range, so , it's not the first time I've heard this kind of story from former Canon shooters.

The lack of obvious improvement in Pixel shifted images is a little disconcerting. Although I have many images that I'm convinced are just as rich a pixel shifted images. I wonder if they make more difference on the smaller pixels of a K-3 or K-70, which would normally be one stop more prone to noise. We have seen some evidence there are pixel peeping differences, not great ones, but noticeable, however there is no evidence of any improvement in either web sized images or prints.

In any case, many interesting points are raised.
He says that after using the DCU instead of Lightroom he really can see an improvement when using pixel shift.