Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
07-12-2016, 06:48 AM   #1

Lack of cameras - buy abroad? Warranties?

There are no K-1 in Scandinavia. Three weeks after I was promissed one I get to know that there are no K-1 at all to deliever. I know there has been this catastrophic earthquake and there are people far worse off than me, but I am really disappointed. My summer photography is not getting where it was planned.

Now I'm considering buying a K-1 from England. Thanks to Brexit it seems like a good deal. But how about warranties? But, do I have to turn to England to get help if there is a problem or can I turn to the Swedish service to get help if the K-1 from abroad is broken? My K.30 has never had any real problems but one can never know with technoligy.

Or should I just wait...? Does anyone know when the cameras are being delivered again?

07-12-2016, 06:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hildalill Quote
There are no K-1 in Scandinavia. Three weeks after I was promissed one I get to know that there are no K-1 at all to deliever. I know there has been this catastrophic earthquake and there are people far worse off than me, but I am really disappointed. My summer photography is not getting where it was planned.

Now I'm considering buying a K-1 from England. Thanks to Brexit it seems like a good deal. But how about warranties? But, do I have to turn to England to get help if there is a problem or can I turn to the Swedish service to get help if the K-1 from abroad is broken? My K.30 has never had any real problems but one can never know with technoligy.

Or should I just wait...? Does anyone know when the cameras are being delivered again?
Do it quick before the price goes up . . .

Pentax K-1 Camera Body - Pentax DSLR Cameras - DSLR Cameras - Cameras
07-12-2016, 07:16 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Expect a K-1 worldwide shortage until - let's say - September. I mean, more than we saw until now.
07-12-2016, 07:41 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Regarding warranties, I believe Pentax gives 1 year international warranty.

07-12-2016, 08:13 AM   #5
Unregistered User

You will have to send it to England for warranty. Give Kameraservice in Kungsör a call to see what he says. 022712740
07-12-2016, 08:47 AM   #6

Adam said the International Warranty is a thing of the past.
07-12-2016, 09:13 AM   #7
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I think so too.

07-12-2016, 09:15 AM   #8
Inactive Account

3 years ago when I had a wobbly 31mm Ltd I contacted Pentax regarding the international warranty.

I was told this:

To apply for International Warranty please provide the following information:

* Dated proof of purchase, which includes your name, address, and phone number
* Model name
* 7-digit Serial Number from the bottom of the camera

I provided them with this info and then they sent the warranty to me by mail. (I bought the lens when I was in the states and they sent me the warranty to Lithuania).

BUT since it was summer and I was busy shooting, I decided to wait a few months and then in August, 31mm was stolen :/ (it was quite a sad time, cuz I loved that lens)

So, if they sent me the warranty, I believe I would have received the repairs necessary.

Last edited by Apapukas; 07-12-2016 at 12:39 PM.
07-12-2016, 09:43 AM   #9

Photos: Gallery
Hello,
I might be wrong, but if you buy in EU camera will be covered by 2 years European warranty. So, if you buy from any EU countries the warranty should work for you in your country if it is a member of EU.
We have Pentax K-1 here in Germany in several store in stock.
But check with the Pentax EU to be sure.
Best regards,
Yuriy
07-12-2016, 10:20 AM   #10
Forum Member

I bought mine 3 weeks ago at Cityfoto Eindhoven in Holland. They have one in stock, I just checked.

City Foto Digitaal Eindhoven B.V.
Stratumsedijk 3
5611 NA EINDHOVEN
040-2121202
eindhoven@mijncityfoto.nl

Good luck
07-12-2016, 10:54 AM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by yurko_yr Quote
I might be wrong, but if you buy in EU camera will be covered by 2 years European warranty. So, if you buy from any EU countries the warranty should work for you in your country if it is a member of EU.
Isn't the UK dropping out of the EU?

QuoteOriginally posted by Apapukas Quote
3 years ago when I had the wobbly 31mm Ltd I contacted Pentax regarding the international warranty.
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It would be great for consumers, but as far as I understand international warranties cause a lot of legal and financial complications, so all of Pentax's international warranty programs were pulled a few years ago.
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Generally speaking, you can only receive warranty service in the country or region in which you purchased the camera; international warranties are no more.
07-12-2016, 10:57 AM   #12
Pentaxian

European warranty for 1 year is still valid. And until Britain is formally leaving the EU we probably have the K-1 Mark VIII.
07-12-2016, 11:55 AM   #13
Pentaxian

There are no K-1 in Scandinavia. Three weeks after I was promissed one I get to know that there are no K-1 at all to deliever.
Wait a minute, I am waiting for one as well, where did you get this information? I was told a number of K-1 arrived every week.
07-12-2016, 12:38 PM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Expect a K-1 worldwide shortage until - let's say - September. I mean, more than we saw until now.
Hmm...
07-12-2016, 01:00 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
It is. Your original warranty will allow you to obtain service in other regions at a relatively low flat cost (i.e. a US-bought camera, as long as it was purchased directly from an authorized dealer, can be serviced in Europe for 50 euros or thereabouts). Within Europe, there should be no charge for a camera sold by an authorized European retailer.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: