Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2016, 08:41 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Focus point changes from spot in LV

Hello All,
I have a User setting which has 'spot' focus using the optical viewfinder.
If I switch to LV whilst in this User setting the focus point jumps all over the place, and can be multiple points.
Search as I might, I have yet to find a setting that controls this.
Is there a way of ensuring that 'spot' focus is used when I switch to LV?

Cheers,
Terry

07-12-2016, 09:09 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Live view AF modes are controlled through the control panel (and the second item in the record menu), so you'll want to save that setting in your user mode so it doesn't get changed to the wrong value. Just select spot and you'll get the behavior you're expecting.

That said, you can get much faster live view AF by selecting a multi-point or auto mode.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-12-2016, 09:12 PM   #3

You should know that AF in OVF and LV have different settings.
By default, AF mode in LV is set to Face Detection, which can be found on p22 in the manual.
07-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Live view AF modes are controlled through the control panel (and the second item in the record menu), so you'll want to save that setting in your user mode so it doesn't get changed to the wrong value. Just select spot and you'll get the behavior you're expecting.

That said, you can get much faster live view AF by selecting a multi-point or auto mode.
Thanks, it's now set how I want it.

Cheers,
Terry