Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2016, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

FYI.....3 year Ricoh Imaging Extended Warranty

FYI.....Anyone wishing to Purchase the 3 Year Ricoh Imaging Extended Warranty. Consensus here on PF says you have 30 Days in which to purchase an Extended Warranty.
However that General Consensus is Incorrect. As Per Ricoh Imaging Incorporated and the Warranty Card I just received on the purchase of my Second K-1....for the 3 yr extended warranty......YOU HAVE 60 DAYS (Two Months) from the date of your New K-1 Purchase.....to purchase it (Extended 3 Year Warranty) and still be covered. This is Directly from Ricoh on the Warranty Card.
Just thought I would pass this along.......60 Days....NOT 30 Days................Some of You that thought You had missed the opportunity , YOU STLL HAVE TIME !

Pentax Extended Warranty for Advanced ADVWARRANTY-ADVILC B&H

07-13-2016, 02:14 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the terms change from time to time, but this is good to know.

The $110 extended warranty is the one valid for the K-1.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-13-2016, 02:23 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I think the terms change from time to time, but this is good to know.

The $110 extended warranty is the one valid for the K-1.
Adam..... Its actually $110 and is for the K-1 or any other DSLR excluding the 645Z.
Ricoh Item # is...... ADVWARRANTY-ADVILC

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 07-13-2016 at 02:36 PM.
07-13-2016, 04:46 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Adam..... Its actually $110 and is for the K-1 or any other DSLR excluding the 645Z.
Ricoh Item # is...... ADVWARRANTY-ADVILC
There's also a $50 warranty for DSLRs under $1000, i.e. the K-50, K-S2, K-70, and now K-3.

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-14-2016, 05:56 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
After I bought my camera I searched all over Pentax (Ricoh) for some sort of extended warranty offer. Found none. I am now at about 45 days. The BH listing includes a statement:

"BEST ANSWER: You would have 30 days from the date that you purchased the camera to purchase an extended warranty. It is the decision of the manufacturer to honor the extended warranty if you purchase this and the camera at separate retailers, however I strongly suggest you ensure that the retailer is authorized by Pentax, because otherwise, the extended warranty will not be honored."

I would hate to buy this and find it is of no use to me. Can anyone confirm in writing from Ricoh that 60 days past is OK? Without that I am not going to take the chance.

Also can someone point me to a list of authorized dealers?

(Note: for some reason I am also seeing signs of a $20.00 2 year extension for DSLR's that Ricoh has had or still has. That one also states very clearly that it is only valid within 30 days of the purchase. I think I saw this on Adorama)

Last edited by SteveD; 07-14-2016 at 05:57 AM. Reason: forgot to ask about dealers list
07-15-2016, 05:17 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
FWIW I submitted this question on the Ricoh site and got a reply (I removed a few details like personal contact information):

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2016 6:10 AM
Subject: Pentax Support

Thank you forcontacting RICOH.

The RICOHExtended Warranty for Advanced Cameras costs around $100 and must be purchasedwithin 30 days of the camera purchase from a dealer like www.bhphotovideo.com or www.adorama.com.

If you are inneed of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technicalsupport center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
RICOH IMAGINGAMERICAS CORPORATION
PHONE:800.877.0155

My Email:

I recentlybought a K-1. It was 5/29/16. I looked around the sites for an extensionwarranty and found none. Yesterday on the Pentax forum someone posted a noteabout a Pentax 3 year from B&H. There was some confusion over whether thishad to have been bought during the first 30 or 60 days. Can you provide me moredetail? Is this warranty available directly from Pentax (Ricoh)? How much doesit cost?

Thanks

07-15-2016, 10:07 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
OK.....I'm Going to Put this to Rest ! I posted this to help someone understand that its 60 Days. And already see some of You are creating Your own confusion and running here and running there , reading this and reading that ?
This is the exact same Warranty I have now bought for each of My K-1's in the last 60 days.
Camera Retailers will tell You one thing as they want YOU to buy the extended warranty from them and not someone else and they also try scare tactics by wording it as such that you must buy the warranty from the same place you bought the camera.....This Is FALSE information and NOT True at all.
Ricoh Imaging will tell you within 30 days from the date Your Ricoh Product was purchased as a general rule of thumb for most all of their products.
Here is the Actual Picture of the warranty , so it shouldn't take much deduction on Your end to figure it our Yourself..........

---------- Post added 07-16-16 at 01:23 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveD Quote
Can anyone confirm in writing from Ricoh that 60 days past is OK? Without that I am not going to take the chance.
Also can someone point me to a list of authorized dealers?

Ok.... Doubting Tomas......Hope this helps.....lol
Authorized dealers ? Adorama.....or...... B&H are the main ones for starters although there are many others
Cost ? $110

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 01-02-2017 at 03:04 PM.
07-19-2016, 10:51 PM   #8
Site Supporter

I clicked on the Adorama link in the post above, and then on warranties. To my surprise, listed is a 2 yr warranty (after the regular one year, 3 years total) for all Pentax DSLRs for $17.96. I wonder what's up with that?

07-19-2016, 11:20 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by wanderer2 Quote
I clicked on the Adorama link in the post above, and then on warranties. To my surprise, listed is a 2 yr warranty (after the regular one year, 3 years total) for all Pentax DSLRs for $17.96. I wonder what's up with that?
That's the old warranty. While it was a steal, it's no longer available (AFAIK) as it has been replaced by the $50 warranty (for cameras under $1000) and the $110 warranty (for cameras over $1000). You get the same service out of all three (2 years on top of the standard year of US warranty, plus a free inspection and cleaning).

Adam

07-20-2016, 06:33 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

The old card (without the limit on value - lists DSLR, compact and Q)is still listed by two sellers on Amazon. One of those sellers is Adorama. Any idea if Ricoh will honor this?
07-20-2016, 09:39 AM   #11
Site Supporter

I ordered the $17.96 extended warranty from Adorama, through Amazon, and the order went through. During the order process it did come up that it had to be purchased within 30 days of the camera purchase. In the Amazon listing there is a reference to it being "Pentax by Ricoh."

If this is what it is advertised as, what a bargain!