Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2016, 02:13 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Image Sync using Android Emulator on Windows PCs

I found a program for Windows that emulates Android and will implement Image Sync app.

The program is AmiDuOS found at Run Android on Windows - Fastest Android Emulator . It is not free with $10/15 options after a trial period. I have installed and it seems to run like on an Android tablet. Live view and all. Rotates and uses screen in both landscape and portrait. Only hiccups I have are that my laptop (HP x360) wants to quit WiFi and using Google Play - again laptop - can't get it to be on list .

After install goto Run Android on Windows - Fastest Android Emulator then down at 2. Download the gapps package from below links. click on: For AMIDuOS 2.x.x (Lollipop-5.1.1) - Link1/Link2 .

I had to grab some Android APKs off of my tablet and use a shared file - C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\DuOSShare\ it installs in Windows to feed in the APKs because my Google Play problem. Since found that any APK file can be installed like you did for the Gapps package above from Windows - Right click and look in context menu.

Enjoy,
RONC

Last edited by rechmbrs; 07-18-2016 at 03:36 PM.
07-23-2016, 07:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter

I have used Blue Stacks in the past and I read where others were using it for Image Sync so I decided to try it. It's pushed as a gaming platform but in reality it's an Android emulator and it's free. I installed it yesterday and it works great, you have access to the google app store and Image Sync works just great on my laptop.
07-23-2016, 11:02 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
I have used Blue Stacks in the past and I read where others were using it for Image Sync so I decided to try it. It's pushed as a gaming platform but in reality it's an Android emulator and it's free. I installed it yesterday and it works great, you have access to the google app store and Image Sync works just great on my laptop.
I was unable to get LiveView to work under Bluestacks.
I'm also having problems with Amiduos as far as Google Play Services.

What we need is for Pentax to make Image Sync work on Windows and Mac. Make the code open source and see if someone else can do it.
RONC
07-24-2016, 05:24 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
What we need is for Pentax to make Image Sync work on Windows and Mac. Make the code open source and see if someone else can do it.
RONC
They do offer software for Windows, you just have to buy it. No need for anything else.

You may write a better software though and offer it as open source here and then we can judge which one is better.

07-24-2016, 05:58 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
They do offer software for Windows, you just have to buy it. No need for anything else.

You may write a better software though and offer it as open source here and then we can judge which one is better.
Isn't the other Pentax software USB tethering not wifi? And costs $200? Image Sync is not K1 only.

RONC
07-24-2016, 11:47 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Isn't the other Pentax software USB tethering not wifi? And costs $200? Image Sync is not K1 only.
It is USB tethering, yes.
And the software is not spread by a commercial company for free, yes.
And in the K1 forum we are, yes.
07-25-2016, 06:24 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I was unable to get LiveView to work under Bluestacks.
I'm also having problems with Amiduos as far as Google Play Services.

RONC
Problem I had in Bluestacks can be resolved by looking at: https://bluestacks.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/search/click?data=BAh7CjoHaWRpBGGnVw...0438bea75ea998

RONC