Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
01-09-2017, 07:06 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mrfredsporty Quote
as always, words of true usable wisdom from rupert....would love to see a dedicated tutorial on using the bigma and k1 combo.
thanks fred from daytona (formerly fred from nashville)
Fred, I could write a tutorial but I'm not really much of an expert. Most of my shooting is out my office windows at a more or less "fixed" set of scenes.

BTW- My oldest Grandson just got a huge promotion with Wells Fargo and was transferred to Naples Fl a few weeks ago. He is certainly enjoying the weather there! Now we have a free place to stay when we visit in the wintertime.......might even stay all winter!

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Very occasionally!
Yep, I do shoot a few every so often..... Army of Otis | Flickr

I have two other galleries twice as large......squirrels demand a lot of photos!

Regards!

01-09-2017, 07:17 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Fred, I could write a tutorial but I'm not really much of an expert. Most of my shooting is out my office windows at a more or less "fixed" set of scenes.

BTW- My oldest Grandson just got a huge promotion with Wells Fargo and was transferred to Naples Fl a few weeks ago. He is certainly enjoying the weather there! Now we have a free place to stay when we visit in the wintertime.......might even stay all winter!

Yep, I do shoot a few every so often..... Army of Otis | Flickr

I have two other galleries twice as large......squirrels demand a lot of photos!

Regards!
I have to say Rupert, I really enjoy my photo outings at my step-son's place in Niagara Falls. The change of location makes going out shooting interesting again. Tripper and I take the camera and just go walking.... we've found a number of places we return to over and over because the chances of an interesting images are so high.
01-09-2017, 07:28 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I have to say Rupert, I really enjoy my photo outings at my step-son's place in Niagara Falls. The change of location makes going out shooting interesting again. Tripper and I take the camera and just go walking.... we've found a number of places we return to over and over because the chances of an interesting images are so high.
Norm, I am glad to see that you are walking again! With my two bad feet I understand the thrill of just being able to walk. When I couldn't it was super misery to be so disabled.

I need to get out and about more...not just to the grocery store and the bank etc. I keep finding excuses...too hot...too cold....too windy...too wet....
Mrs Rupert is going to visit our Grandson's new place in Fl soon....maybe I'l go with her...I bet I can find a squirrel or two down there!

Best Regards!.....Keep up those fine shots in the Squirrel Thread, they make our day when you post!
01-09-2017, 07:52 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Norm, I am glad to see that you are walking again! With my two bad feet I understand the thrill of just being able to walk. When I couldn't it was super misery to be so disabled.

I need to get out and about more...not just to the grocery store and the bank etc. I keep finding excuses...too hot...too cold....too windy...too wet....
Mrs Rupert is going to visit our Grandson's new place in Fl soon....maybe I'l go with her...I bet I can find a squirrel or two down there!

Best Regards!.....Keep up those fine shots in the Squirrel Thread, they make our day when you post!
I don't know what's happened to my squirrels. During our last trip down to Niagara, the population seems to have fallen to 2 squirrels, both pretty shy, neither of which is "King Squirrel" and "Momma Squirrel" my two regulars over the last few years. During the time we were gone the Pine martin, and 3 foxes were regulars in the yard (we can tell by the tracks) with the dogs gone. So, I'm hoping they turn up at some point, but I'm guessing the odds are slim.

Momma squirrel has been with me for at least 4 years. She was at her post every day, but I haven's seen her since before Christmas.

01-09-2017, 09:04 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I don't know what's happened to my squirrels.
Norm, there are squirrel mysteries I do not understand. In October most all of my squirrels disappeared, almost overnight. There were days I didn't see a single one. We had a record bounty of acorns this year, they fell like rain, and I assumed this had something to do with it, but just what I couldn't guess? Except for Otis, the regular crew has never returned. They are mostly all newbies now. I can speculate, but have no answers. Hawks could not have wiped out that many overnight.....one day here ...the next all gone.

One thing for certain.....they will be back....damn critters multiply like crazy! One vanishes and 10 new ones appear after Otis "gets busy"!

BTW- Otis has a message for you...he says you can post Doggie shots in the Squirrel Thread anytime you desire. He loves your Doggies! ......me too!

Best Regards!
01-09-2017, 09:57 AM   #21
Pentaxian

...In October most all of my squirrels disappeared, almost overnight. There were days I didn't see a single one....
Maybe Adam took a hunting trip to reduce the squirrel photos.
01-09-2017, 12:45 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Maybe Adam took a hunting trip to reduce the squirrel photos.
Could be! He left Otis, Otis swears he is best of buddies with Adam.....and I don't doubt it. When I got kicked off for a couple of weeks, which was Otis' fault, Otis was still here unscathed. It wasn't fair, but I knew better than to complain about Otis!

Regards!

01-13-2017, 12:45 AM   #23
Veteran Member

make sure to change the mount of 50-500OS before putting on your K1.
The old version of mount will put a scratch on your K1.