Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2016, 07:09 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by creative69 Quote
Sorry for bringing this up again. I would like to know what you guys would do?After testing out a Sigma 85mm 1.4 lens at a camera store I later discovered my K-1 had fell victim to the dreaded body scratch. Now yes the mark is extremely minor but I feel my lovely new K-1 has been somewhat violated if that makes sense. I have contacted Sigma in the UK and they have confirmed they are paying for repairs to K-1 bodies that have been marked / damaged by their lenses. Firstly do I really want my K-1 tampered with? even if it is by qualified repair agents, it may come back with a more serious fault! Should I be concerned? I do tend to pamper my cameras so my feeling is the mark may effect the resale price when the time comes to sell. Anyway I guess I'm just thinking out aloud..
I agree with you. It is like having someone slam the door against your brand new car. The ding is there and it is a visual reminder of imperfection.

In the case of the K1, since I had to wait a while to get it and the fact that I am using it everyday, I cannot part with it unless it is for a day or two. Camera dings are inevitable. If you own them for years and they are uses, it is going to happen. I remember the old days. We had brassing on bodies especially black bodies and that added to the mystic and the fact that that camera can take abuse and keep going. I have not had any significant scratches to any of my current bodies to see what it looks like with out paint.

I also agree with the other people commenting that it is going to be touch up paint job. I was never a fan of touch up paint jobs. You can always tell if you look closely enough!

07-30-2016, 09:38 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
I agree with you. It is like having someone slam the door against your brand new car. The ding is there and it is a visual reminder of imperfection.

In the case of the K1, since I had to wait a while to get it and the fact that I am using it everyday, I cannot part with it unless it is for a day or two. Camera dings are inevitable. If you own them for years and they are uses, it is going to happen. I remember the old days. We had brassing on bodies especially black bodies and that added to the mystic and the fact that that camera can take abuse and keep going. I have not had any significant scratches to any of my current bodies to see what it looks like with out paint.

I

I also agree with the other people commenting that it is going to be touch up paint job. I was never a fan of touch up paint jobs. You can always tell if you look closely enough!
interesting! bTW I have reason to believe It's not a paint job it's a requires parts which is why the program was on hold momentarily due to the unavailability of the parts needed. I doubt Sigma would go through the time trouble and expense for a paint job.

---------- Post added 07-30-16 at 09:45 AM ----------

Obviously for you guys across the pond it may well be a different setup.
07-30-2016, 10:11 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the tiny...very tiny ...scratch and it wasn't from a Sigma...there are other lenses that can do this too. It is so insignificant that anyone looking for it would only think it was part of the body design. My cameras are tools.....I have tools that look like they have been in a war but are fully functional, I didn't buy them for a beauty contest or to sit on a shelf and be admired for their pristine condition.

For those tormented and tortured by this tiny scratch and not certain whether to disregard it or send it and the lens off for a delaying "repair", I have this video for you. If you can relate to this woman and her pain...by all means, send it off at once. If you can't then continue on with your very wonderful K1 without delay or frustration!

Regards!