Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 49 Likes Search this Thread
08-30-2016, 12:04 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Kuva-Järvinen in Salo.

08-30-2016, 08:58 AM   #77

QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
All right, my dealer informed me that my camera should be sent to service. That was the reply from Pentax technicians after seeing the skellie crop. They will replace the whole sensor unit if that is needed.
Please keep us updated on how this goes. I just discovered last week that my K-1 has the same white-dot LE noise as the others here. I can post dark-frame DNG's if people are interested. They look the same as many already in this thread.

My K-1's info as others have posted:
DSP Firmware Version: 1.20.21.09
Production Code: 2.1
Manufacture Date: 2016:04:13

Does anyone know if those of us in the USA would need to go through a dealer for this kind of service, or do we go directly to Ricoh? I bought my K-1 from B&H. Luckily I have not had to deal with Pentax/Ricoh repair in awhile.
08-30-2016, 09:10 AM   #78
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JBox Quote
Does anyone know if those of us in the USA would need to go through a dealer for this kind of service,

Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation - Service & Repair
08-30-2016, 11:32 AM   #79
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JBox Quote
Does anyone know if those of us in the USA would need to go through a dealer for this kind of service, or do we go directly to Ricoh? I bought my K-1 from B&H. Luckily I have not had to deal with Pentax/Ricoh repair in awhile.
How long have you owned the camera? If less than a month, you dealer is your best resource if you believe you have a defective product. Most will assist you with troubleshooting and will generally offer a no-hassle exchange.

Steve

08-30-2016, 11:39 AM   #80
Pentaxian

I've made some new test with my camera.
Noise reduction off, do you think my K-1 is affected by the White dots ?

White Dots Samyang 8mm Fisheye
08-30-2016, 11:40 AM   #81
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by ZeGaby Quote

I would say yes.
08-30-2016, 01:04 PM   #82

I have the exact same issue: lots and lots of hot pixels during long exposures. It's a really bad issue, regardless of what some people here claim. My Nikon D600 never had these issues.

I've contacted the Ricoh service center here in Sweden to see if this is something they have heard of and has a fix for.

08-30-2016, 01:46 PM   #83
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by tabugman Quote
I have the exact same issue: lots and lots of hot pixels during long exposures. It's a really bad issue, regardless of what some people here claim. My Nikon D600 never had these issues.

I've contacted the Ricoh service center here in Sweden to see if this is something they have heard of and has a fix for.
Keep us posted on what the Swedes say...
08-30-2016, 02:10 PM - 1 Like   #84
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Just read this on Pentaxrumors, they put a link there of someone talking about it more:

Pentax K1 White Dot Issue on Longer Exposures–Same as the other cameras using the Sony 36MP chip @ Photos Of Arkansas
08-30-2016, 03:57 PM   #85
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
Just read this on Pentaxrumors, they put a link there of someone talking about it more:
Thanks for sharing.

Interesting that C1 (Capture One by Phase One) is able to get rid of the white dots through "single pixel noise reduction".
08-30-2016, 06:38 PM   #86

I just now ran across this thread. I am having the white dot problem with my K-1. At first I thought is was hot pixels. The problem shows up clearly when I use the fish eye for astro photography. Lots of white dots!!
08-30-2016, 08:32 PM   #87
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ZeGaby Quote

80% yes.
I'm not 100% sure because I don't know what kind of camera/computer processing is applied on those files, but those bright white dots outside of the sky doesn't looks like random noise.
If you upload raw file I'll give you answer with 100% accuracy.
08-30-2016, 09:58 PM   #88
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm still not sure if newly manufactured cameras have this issue. I think I'll just get the camera tomorrow and hope (cross fingers, pray, meditate, do a sacrifice to the older gods) issue is either not there, or its small enough to ignore.
08-30-2016, 11:23 PM   #89
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
I'm still not sure if newly manufactured cameras have this issue. I think I'll just get the camera tomorrow and hope (cross fingers, pray, meditate, do a sacrifice to the older gods) issue is either not there, or its small enough to ignore.
“Also, according to a 1997 U.S. Supreme Court case, you cannot prosecute for animal sacrifice unless they were killed inhumanely.”

For more details read Rooster rituals and sacrifices in various cultures and since ancient times | JAPANESE MYTHOLOGY & FOLKLORE

You simply can't find more appropriate readings for today

08-31-2016, 12:39 AM   #90
Pentaxian

Well maybe people should use the long exposure nr when they are taking long exposures.