Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 49 Likes Search this Thread
10-14-2018, 11:11 PM   #511

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I usually don't shoot with exposure longer than 30 sec., but recently I was shooting Milky Way, turned the noise reduction off, and got "snow" all over the images. Here is the sample crop, on just 63 sec. It's a nightmare to clean all of it manually. What should I do now?
As I remember, Capture One can remove all of the white dots. Raw Therapee can too. I used them both, they got the job done.

10-15-2018, 10:10 AM   #512
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Markovo Quote
As I remember, Capture One can remove all of the white dots. Raw Therapee can too. I used them both, they got the job done.
I've been looking at Capture One for K1 white dot removal. I currently have their 30 trial. I find that it works well, however in terms of coloring I like the output from LightRoom better (but LR does not do anything for the white dots). Also, I hate to spend $300 for C1 and really only use it to clean the dots.

I have not heard about Raw Therapee's capability to clean off the white dots. Using Raw Therapee what would be the process/approach to use in removing the white dots? I've used Raw Therapee very little....

10-16-2018, 02:01 AM   #513

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I've been looking at Capture One for K1 white dot removal. I currently have their 30 trial. I find that it works well, however in terms of coloring I like the output from LightRoom better (but LR does not do anything for the white dots). Also, I hate to spend $300 for C1 and really only use it to clean the dots.

I have not heard about Raw Therapee's capability to clean off the white dots. Using Raw Therapee what would be the process/approach to use in removing the white dots? I've used Raw Therapee very little....

I don't remember, but I will check it for you. Give me 2-3 hours.
10-19-2018, 09:10 AM   #514
Veteran Member

I had some success using this method - How to remove Hot Pixels in Photoshop
Need to be careful and play with amount/threshold.

10-19-2018, 10:23 AM   #515
Pentaxian

Original Poster

Find the "Impulse Noise Reduction" function, enable it and you are done. You can adjust the threshold if need be, but the default value is usually fine.
10-19-2018, 03:18 PM   #516

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
Find the "Impulse Noise Reduction" function, enable it and you are done. You can adjust the threshold if need be, but the default value is usually fine.
Yeah, that's the one!
10-19-2018, 09:27 PM   #517
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
I had some success using this method - How to remove Hot Pixels in Photoshop
Need to be careful and play with amount/threshold.
QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Markovo Quote
Yeah, that's the one!
I need to start using Raw Tharpee a lot more I guess.... Thanks!!!!