Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2016, 03:24 AM   #31
Site Supporter
MikePlunkett's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 49
I've had mine nearly a month now and it works beautifully. I have absolutely no complaints of any substance and the K-1 is far and away the very best camera I have ever used, let alone owned. When Pentax first announced that their much wished for FF camera was on its way I assumed that it would be so expensive as to be completely out of reach for me. That they have managed to produce such a high quality piece of kit for such an affordable price (ok, for Full Frame values of affordable!) is nothing short of miraculous.

I have, however, encountered one pretty serious limitation: the photographer using it (and his general lack of imagination in what to take photos of)!

08-09-2016, 03:37 AM - 1 Like   #32
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 758
QuoteOriginally posted by MikePlunkett Quote
I've had mine nearly a month now and it works beautifully. I have absolutely no complaints of any substance and the K-1 is far and away the very best camera I have ever used, let alone owned. When Pentax first announced that their much wished for FF camera was on its way I assumed that it would be so expensive as to be completely out of reach for me. That they have managed to produce such a high quality piece of kit for such an affordable price (ok, for Full Frame values of affordable!) is nothing short of miraculous.

I have, however, encountered one pretty serious limitation: the photographer using it (and his general lack of imagination in what to take photos of)!
Bristol Balloon Fiesta this weekend. Great Dorset Steam Fair at the end of the month.
08-09-2016, 05:55 AM   #33
Site Supporter
MikePlunkett's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 49
QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
Bristol Balloon Fiesta this weekend. Great Dorset Steam Fair at the end of the month.
Off to South Wales for a family holiday at the end of the month - hopefully that will provide a good deal of inspiration! I also need to get out and about London with my K-1, especially for the Golden and/or Blue Hour.
08-09-2016, 06:24 AM - 1 Like   #34
Site Supporter
Moe49's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Santa Cruz Mtns. USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 465
QuoteOriginally posted by MikePlunkett Quote
Off to South Wales for a family holiday at the end of the month - hopefully that will provide a good deal of inspiration! I also need to get out and about London with my K-1, especially for the Golden and/or Blue Hour.
Here's to hoping that You find several interesting things to point your camera at

08-09-2016, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #35
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,585
QuoteOriginally posted by Moe49 Quote
Here's to hoping that You find several interesting things to point your camera at
The poor man will probably struggle. From what I hear, there is nothing worth pointing a camera at in all of London.
08-09-2016, 11:55 AM - 1 Like   #36
New Member




Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 23
Well, even without any troubles there are problems. There simply isn't enough time to spend with this marvelous invention. I've also lost a bit if interest in my beloved k-30...
08-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #37
Site Supporter
micromacro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,937
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Everything works fine = no drama = boring. No discussions about APSC vs FF since I can select both with the same camera. What should I do now?
If you want the real drama, switch to knitting!
Trust me, you will have plenty of drama...
08-09-2016, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 7,706
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
If you want the real drama, switch to knitting!
Trust me, you will have plenty of drama...

My wife's recently started knitting because we're about to become grandparents, Lana.


I'm not sure 'drama' is a word that goes with knitting, but 'cute' does. Here's one of her efforts, which gave me a chance to dabble in product photography:




08-09-2016, 05:10 PM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Frazier Park, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 835
This thread has certainly brightened my day. Not that it was exactly gloomy, I've spent most of it wandering around a fabulous museum taking pictures with the K1. The only problem I had was that one of my lenses just doesn't focus right on the camera - it's the SMC 24mm f2.8 and I just can't get the hang of focusing it in a dark museum at all ( )! As soon as I switched back to the FA31 and its autofocus, I had no trouble at all. Does the fact my eyes aren't good enough to focus a manual wide angle lens with a very short throw count as a camera problem? NOT!

I've had no technical problems, just that I've taken a ton of not that interesting landscape pictures of incredible scenery covered up by clouds and rain. Does that count?
08-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #40
Site Supporter
micromacro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,937
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
My wife's recently started knitting because we're about to become grandparents, Lana.
Great job, both of you. Knitting for babies is so much fun.
Congrats!

To understand the drama of knitting, you need to spend enough time on knitting forums...
I've even witnessed a fake online death because one lady was such a drama quinn that she decided to send her competitors into guilt trip.
She invented her "daughter" character who came and told "it's all your fault that my mom is now dead".
Is not plenty of drama?
08-09-2016, 09:10 PM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Frazier Park, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 835
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Great job, both of you. Knitting for babies is so much fun.
Congrats!

To understand the drama of knitting, you need to spend enough time on knitting forums...
I've even witnessed a fake online death because one lady was such a drama quinn that she decided to send her competitors into guilt trip.
She invented her "daughter" character who came and told "it's all your fault that my mom is now dead".
Is not plenty of drama?
Good heavens! I assumed you were referring to the bad words beginning knitters mutter when they realize they made a huge mistake 20 rows below. Or when their straight edge isn't so straight. Or when they start throwing needles across the room after they tore out 3 inches of knitting for the 10th time because they can't get the pattern to work right. I never imagined that kind of competition/drama!

And I thought photography was tough...
08-09-2016, 09:36 PM   #42
Site Supporter
micromacro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,937
QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
And I thought photography was tough...
You are just babies! LOL
08-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 7,706
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
To understand the drama of knitting, you need to spend enough time on knitting forums...
I've even witnessed a fake online death because one lady was such a drama quinn that she decided to send her competitors into guilt trip.
She invented her "daughter" character who came and told "it's all your fault that my mom is now dead".
Is not plenty of drama?
I take it all back ... it seems to be a hotbed of controversy, like Bridge!

Dirty Hands - The New Yorker
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dslr, full frame, full-frame, k-1, k1, pentax k-1
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K1 auto white balance fine tuning johnkrumm Pentax K-1 3 07-01-2016 02:38 AM
Which of the K1* bodies works best with M-lenses? gavinhw Pentax DSLR Discussion 15 02-27-2016 01:02 PM
Manual lens works fine on K200d but not on K-3 simon_199 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 17 03-29-2015 08:39 PM
Vivitar DF-383-PEN flash no workee w/K-30, works fine on K-x kodai84 Pentax K-30 & K-50 4 01-27-2014 11:40 PM
Misc My beginnings to my current published works... codiac2600 Post Your Photos! 3 07-02-2010 07:06 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:48 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top