Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2016, 03:24 AM   #31

I've had mine nearly a month now and it works beautifully. I have absolutely no complaints of any substance and the K-1 is far and away the very best camera I have ever used, let alone owned. When Pentax first announced that their much wished for FF camera was on its way I assumed that it would be so expensive as to be completely out of reach for me. That they have managed to produce such a high quality piece of kit for such an affordable price (ok, for Full Frame values of affordable!) is nothing short of miraculous.

I have, however, encountered one pretty serious limitation: the photographer using it (and his general lack of imagination in what to take photos of)!

08-09-2016, 03:37 AM - 1 Like   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MikePlunkett Quote
I've had mine nearly a month now and it works beautifully. I have absolutely no complaints of any substance and the K-1 is far and away the very best camera I have ever used, let alone owned. When Pentax first announced that their much wished for FF camera was on its way I assumed that it would be so expensive as to be completely out of reach for me. That they have managed to produce such a high quality piece of kit for such an affordable price (ok, for Full Frame values of affordable!) is nothing short of miraculous.

I have, however, encountered one pretty serious limitation: the photographer using it (and his general lack of imagination in what to take photos of)!
Bristol Balloon Fiesta this weekend. Great Dorset Steam Fair at the end of the month.
08-09-2016, 05:55 AM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
Bristol Balloon Fiesta this weekend. Great Dorset Steam Fair at the end of the month.
Off to South Wales for a family holiday at the end of the month - hopefully that will provide a good deal of inspiration! I also need to get out and about London with my K-1, especially for the Golden and/or Blue Hour.
08-09-2016, 06:24 AM - 1 Like   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MikePlunkett Quote
Off to South Wales for a family holiday at the end of the month - hopefully that will provide a good deal of inspiration! I also need to get out and about London with my K-1, especially for the Golden and/or Blue Hour.
Here's to hoping that You find several interesting things to point your camera at

08-09-2016, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Moe49 Quote
Here's to hoping that You find several interesting things to point your camera at
The poor man will probably struggle. From what I hear, there is nothing worth pointing a camera at in all of London.
08-09-2016, 11:55 AM - 1 Like   #36

Well, even without any troubles there are problems. There simply isn't enough time to spend with this marvelous invention. I've also lost a bit if interest in my beloved k-30...
08-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Everything works fine = no drama = boring. No discussions about APSC vs FF since I can select both with the same camera. What should I do now?
If you want the real drama, switch to knitting!
Trust me, you will have plenty of drama...

08-09-2016, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #38
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
If you want the real drama, switch to knitting!
Trust me, you will have plenty of drama...

My wife's recently started knitting because we're about to become grandparents, Lana.

I'm not sure 'drama' is a word that goes with knitting, but 'cute' does. Here's one of her efforts, which gave me a chance to dabble in product photography:

08-09-2016, 05:10 PM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This thread has certainly brightened my day. Not that it was exactly gloomy, I've spent most of it wandering around a fabulous museum taking pictures with the K1. The only problem I had was that one of my lenses just doesn't focus right on the camera - it's the SMC 24mm f2.8 and I just can't get the hang of focusing it in a dark museum at all ( )! As soon as I switched back to the FA31 and its autofocus, I had no trouble at all. Does the fact my eyes aren't good enough to focus a manual wide angle lens with a very short throw count as a camera problem? NOT!

I've had no technical problems, just that I've taken a ton of not that interesting landscape pictures of incredible scenery covered up by clouds and rain. Does that count?
08-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
My wife's recently started knitting because we're about to become grandparents, Lana.
Great job, both of you. Knitting for babies is so much fun.
Congrats!

To understand the drama of knitting, you need to spend enough time on knitting forums...
I've even witnessed a fake online death because one lady was such a drama quinn that she decided to send her competitors into guilt trip.
She invented her "daughter" character who came and told "it's all your fault that my mom is now dead".
Is not plenty of drama?
08-09-2016, 09:10 PM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great job, both of you. Knitting for babies is so much fun.
Congrats!

To understand the drama of knitting, you need to spend enough time on knitting forums...
I've even witnessed a fake online death because one lady was such a drama quinn that she decided to send her competitors into guilt trip.
She invented her "daughter" character who came and told "it's all your fault that my mom is now dead".
Is not plenty of drama?
Good heavens! I assumed you were referring to the bad words beginning knitters mutter when they realize they made a huge mistake 20 rows below. Or when their straight edge isn't so straight. Or when they start throwing needles across the room after they tore out 3 inches of knitting for the 10th time because they can't get the pattern to work right. I never imagined that kind of competition/drama!

And I thought photography was tough...
08-09-2016, 09:36 PM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
And I thought photography was tough...
You are just babies! LOL
08-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #43
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Is not plenty of drama?
I take it all back ... it seems to be a hotbed of controversy, like Bridge!

Dirty Hands - The New Yorker