Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2016, 10:33 AM - 1 Like   #1

K-1 Thread Link In Dropdown

So, a couple months back a nice fellow politely asked when a direct K-1 forum link would be added to the forum page. He received a lot of flack, and what I thought were quite rude responses. Yet, to this day when you go up by the banner in the forum (where there are the dropdowns for "Forum - Cameras - Lenses - Buy/Sell" etc. there isn't a "Pentax K-1 Forum." Now I'm not saying we need this or should even have it, but why when I click the "Cameras" tab with the down-arrow there is a "Pentax K-3 Forum" link there. This is all the fellow was asking about, and I think if we have one for the at-the-time flagship the K-3, why not have one for the current flagship K-1?

It might be silly for me to bring this up, but I was very disappointed in the forums (which I had been so happy to be a member of and which had been so helpful and good-natured mostly) that day to react to his question the way they did when in the end he had a very valid point that I'm thinking no one understood...

08-25-2016, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not sure about what happened to that user, but I'm adding a few new links as I write this

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-25-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Not sure about what happened to that user, but I'm adding a few new links as I write this
And now the the link exists!

Steve
08-25-2016, 11:37 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aikilink Quote
It might be silly for me to bring this up, but I was very disappointed in the forums (which I had been so happy to be a member of and which had been so helpful and good-natured mostly) that day to react to his question the way they did when in the end he had a very valid point that I'm thinking no one understood...
I am sure you are correct that nobody understood the request. It was not until I read your post that I became aware that there is a nested drop-down menu on the home page with short-cuts to the various sub-forums.

Steve

08-25-2016, 12:15 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks guys! And thanks you for putting the link up!

Unfortunately I think the user felt attacked. I know it wasn't the intent of individual users, but the compilation of posts suggesting that he wasn't trying hard enough or that he was mistaken probably made him feel a little humiliated, even unintentionally. I think he might be using the forums yet, but he hinted that he didn't wish to make any more posts.

Anyways, thanks guys. It's definitely been one of my best online experiences here with lots of helpful information and users always ready to offer suggestions.