Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2016, 02:52 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Clearly, given your own experience ("It has been spot on with no FFAs and gets a lot of use now."), it is typically the camera-lens combination that is problematic.
The K-1 came out after production of these lenses for Pentax ceased. I purchased this lens when the K5-IIs was still the flagship. Since the lens never worked properly with it or the K3 I deem that an issue with the lens. It might happen to work with my K-1, but it didn't work with the bodies it was originally designed to work for.

09-07-2016, 06:13 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
put it on a tripod, try +10 adjustment and -10 adjustment.
I think the difference is huge.
09-09-2016, 08:52 PM   #18
Site Supporter

I'm probably asking a dumb question here, but how does this adjustment affect manual focus lenses? Does it just change the behavior of the in-focus octagon? I'm asking since I'm having front focus issues with my manual lenses... but LV with peaking is spot-on.
09-09-2016, 11:39 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I'm probably asking a dumb question here, but how does this adjustment affect manual focus lenses? Does it just change the behavior of the in-focus octagon? I'm asking since I'm having front focus issues with my manual lenses... but LV with peaking is spot-on.

Electronic fine tuning affects autofocus only. Fine tuning for manual focusing involves adjustment of the focusing screen.

09-09-2016, 11:50 PM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bengan Quote
Electronic fine tuning affects autofocus only. Fine tuning for manual focusing involves adjustment of the focusing screen.
He was asking about the influence of the AF fine adjustments on the hexagonal indicator in the viewfinder.

This has nothing to do with the focusing screen.

@jcdoss: As long as you are using the "Apply All" option, the AF fine adjustment will affect when the green hexagon in the viewfinder lights up, even for manual focus lenses.
09-09-2016, 11:54 PM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
He was asking about the influence of the AF fine adjustments on the hexagonal indicator in the viewfinder. This has nothing to do with the focusing screen. @jcdoss: As long as you are using the "Apply All" option, the AF fine adjustment will affect when the green hexagon in the viewfinder lights up, even for manual focus lenses.

My bad. I should have read it twice before before putting the finger on the trigger. You are of course correct.