Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-28-2016, 08:39 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Forum Member

Wheres Waldo with the K-1

So, after using the K-1 for about a month now the improvements over my K-3 are very apparent. The resolution of the sensor is almost obscene at times, the detail level (even without pixel shift) just keeps blowing me away. After doing a couple of landscape shots with my newly acquired FA-35mm F/2 AL, I actually started diving into those photos....there are all these things going on in the frame I didn't see when taking the photo. Like the sample shot below (sized down). The people's silhouettes on the horizon are just tack sharp and even though taken against the sunset, no problem recovering the shadows filled with detail.

This is just an absolutely magnificent camera!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
08-28-2016, 08:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

High resolution is certainly amazing to have at first. Those were my thoughts as well when I purchased D800E in 2012. And before that with D3X. And so on...

Lately I have had problems with my neck after car crash in 2011 and used Sony A7x offerings since 2013 due to tilt screen and some random other "needs". Well I guess it was the hype which also affected me.

Now I am back to DSLR due to good ergonomics AND the tilt screen. PS also counts whenever it can be used. But I do not know...having used so many competing systems during the recent years the only thing which really impresses me is IQ with PS. Everything else I take for granted and is just what has been available for almost a decade in other camps.
08-28-2016, 09:41 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
Everything else I take for granted and is just what has been available for almost a decade in other camps.
I might be wrong but I think the OP's comment refers to the number of Mp rather than full frame per se, and nothing like 36Mp was available until about 4 years ago surely - ten years ago we were looking at about 12mp even on ff
08-28-2016, 09:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Yes of course. I had FF system with various special lenses in mind.

08-28-2016, 11:37 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I remember when the 36Mp sensor first came out...it was astounding indeed

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: