Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2016, 11:43 AM   #1

Camera stores that carry the Pentax K1?

I would like to get a feel for the size and weight of the K1 before I make my final decision to purchase it, does anyone know of a list of stores that carry it? I am currently in Seattle and will be making my way to Miami, I was hoping there might be a place along the way where I could stop and check it out. Unfortunately I do not plan and seeing New York anytime soon.

08-30-2016, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You know that everyone who has touched it bought it. Apparently it's an offer you can't refuse.

Personally, I'm not walking into a store until I have the cash.
08-30-2016, 12:21 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
You know that everyone who has touched it bought it

YES, it latches on and WONT let go!
08-30-2016, 12:28 PM   #4
Pentaxian

It's just covered in Super Glue...

08-30-2016, 12:51 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Personally, I'm not walking into a store until I have the cash.

Some might say that this is old-fashioned and that a credit card could do this job as well
08-30-2016, 01:00 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FV Notorious Quote
I am currently in Seattle
Check Robies in Lakewood. Just south of Seattle. Robi's Camera Center, Labs and Custom Framing | Home
08-30-2016, 01:09 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Kenmore Camera shows one in stock which is just a little North of Seattle.

---------- Post added 08-30-16 at 13:09 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Check Robies in Lakewood. Just south of Seattle. Robi's Camera Center, Labs and Custom Framing | Home
No K-1 is listed on their website

08-30-2016, 01:12 PM   #8
Veteran Member

You know that everyone who has touched it bought it.
I unfortunately don't have the five thousand to buy the K-1 and 150-450 I was playing with in a store.

So I touched one without buying it and managed to live to tell the tale.
08-30-2016, 01:15 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am currently in Seattle
Come up to Vancouver B.C. , lot's of places carry the Pentax line.

Phil.
08-30-2016, 01:25 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The store where I bought mine in St. Louis did not show it in stock, but they had 5 and I bought it as a walk-in. K-1 must me a 'by-appointment' premium item for cognoscenti or something.
08-30-2016, 01:27 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Samy's Camera in Los Angeles carries Pentax DSLRs including the K-1.
08-30-2016, 04:28 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I unfortunately don't have the five thousand to buy the K-1 and 150-450 I was playing with in a store.

So I touched one without buying it and managed to live to tell the tale.
The magic doesn't work if you can't obtain the money. How many lawns would you need to mow at the going rate for a mid-teen? How many burgers to flip? Get cracking.
08-30-2016, 04:45 PM   #13

Australia: www.camerastore.com.au (AKA Diamonds, AKA Photographic Wholesalers)
08-31-2016, 04:48 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you draw a straight line from Seattle to Miami, Australia is a bit out of the way. I have wanted to visit Australia though.
08-31-2016, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I would like to get a feel for the size and weight of the K1 before I make my final decision to purchase it, does anyone know of a list of stores that carry it? I am currently in Seattle and will be making my way to Miami, I was hoping there might be a place along the way where I could stop and check it out. Unfortunately I do not plan and seeing New York anytime soon.
Welcome aboard!!

This may be the best way to buy your K1 at a brick and mortar store. Drive to Billings, MT and visit a place called Camera Cottage. They usually have a K1 in stock. If you touch it you will purchase it. Something weird that way. I think the WiFi can control your brain or something. Now since it has been a long day on the road, get a room for then night and familiarize yourself with the camera.

Now comes the best part. Make sure you have lenses and lots of memory cards with you, The drive home. Take a few weeks to drive home. Yellowstone and Glacier national parks come to mind. And so many other smaller places. Your last stop can be in Roslyn where you can photograph all the sites used to film the greatest TV show ever. Northern Exposure.

That is the perfect way to buy a K1. And I am not blowing smoke here. It is exactly what I did but I came from the other direction. I drove from Rochester, NY to Camera Cottage in Billings, MT to get my K1. Spent the night at a hotel there and then went to Yellowstone for three days before heading home.