Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
09-05-2016, 06:09 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Post processed in Lightroom - I wanted a fairly muted effect, so took the contrast right down (but pushed the clarity right up to compensate for the flatness), which tends to mute colours a bit, and I also took vibrance and saturation down about 10. After that I pulled the yellow saturation in HSL right down (and the green, specifically to desaturate the box top left that was a bit too eye-catching) and pulled the orange and red down a but as well, I also pulled the luminance down a bit on the orange. Really trial and error, thinking 'how can I get the look I want'and fiddling until it came right. I've saved the settings as 'Urbex grunge' though it's really just my garage
Thanks for sharing. I will give it a try hopefully I can come close. I really like the tonality.

09-06-2016, 08:40 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
Thanks for sharing. I will give it a try hopefully I can come close. I really like the tonality.
that's a pleasure - hope it works for you - obviously the original colouring of the image has some effect, but I've made the settings a user preset and pasted them onto various images, and they certainly make a good starting point for fime tuning
09-06-2016, 08:42 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Seems we bought the K-1 on the same day I got mine like 3 days ago. Extremely happy with it, just need to get few lenses to play around with and I'll be set.
09-06-2016, 10:39 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Seems we bought the K-1 on the same day I got mine like 3 days ago. Extremely happy with it, just need to get few lenses to play around with and I'll be set.
as I said, it's the deal on the lenses that pushed my purchase, but the camera is a dream - so love using it - happy snapping to you too