Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-05-2016, 12:50 AM   #1

+3 diopter eyesight correction

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hell members,

Thank you for adding me to the forum!

I am seriously considering the K1 but can not find ant reference to a +3d eyesight correction lens. I know the K1 will go up to +1.2d but this is not strong enough for me. Have asked the distributors here in Australia and they advised that "maybe the type M would do the trick", but that's a bit too hit and miss for me to base a buying decision on. Does anyone have any idea whether Ricoh intend to support the K1 with accessories that Nikon and Canon etc (even Olympus) provide for their respective systems.

Thank you in anticipation of your feedback and comments.

09-05-2016, 01:06 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Read this:

PENTAX Diopter Correction Lens Adapter M reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Might be what you're looking for to use.
09-05-2016, 01:11 AM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SunnyReggie Quote
+3 diopter eyesight correction
Hi SunnyReggie. Welcome to the Pentax forums mate. photolady95 just beat me to it !!! A good opportunity though to let you know that the databases here are very extensive. Cameras, lenses and miscellaneous accessories are all here to take a squiz at. Good to have you here.
09-05-2016, 01:14 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

IMO, they are a bit too much, price wise. There's one on Ebay that is located in Japan:

Pentax 3 Diopter Adjustment Correction Lens Adapter for Ricoh Camera Finder New | eBay

09-05-2016, 01:31 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

I had my local optician cut one of my old glasses' lenses which I then squeezed under the eyecup rubber.
09-05-2016, 01:35 AM   #6
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
I had my local optician cut one of my old glasses' lenses which I then squeezed under the eyecup rubber.
I always had a feeling that Pentax users were smarter than average, but that idea proves it for me !!!
09-05-2016, 01:56 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
I knew someone here would post the best solution.

I've never needed that in recent years, the built in diopter is good enough for my eyes.

09-05-2016, 02:50 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
I always had a feeling that Pentax users were smarter than average, but that idea proves it for me !!!
Thanks Well I had to do something, and the original Pentax stuff was way too expensive.

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I knew someone here would post the best solution.

I've never needed that in recent years, the built in diopter is good enough for my eyes.
Sadly, I'm at -4/-3.75 already so the viewfinder is a blurry mess. I just have to hope it doesn't get worse with age :|
09-05-2016, 04:08 AM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Three years ago I had cataracts removed and new lenses put in. Before this, I was right eye dominant but the eyes couldn't see. After the surgery, I'm left eye dominant with 20/20 vision and the right eye is still blurry to some extent.
09-05-2016, 04:43 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My astigmatism adjustment alone is nearly 5. My worst eye is nearly -14 base.