Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2016, 10:34 AM   #1
Site Supporter

raw+jpeg

This is one of those problems that likely has an easy answer that I just can't see. When I set my K1 to raw plus jpeg, or dng plus jpeg, it doesn't appear to save the jpeg. The estimated space on the card goes down, but I see no jpegs in Lightroom when I go to download unless I have shot jpegs only. If I tell the camera to save the jpegs to the second card then fine, it will shoot raw plus jpeg. Is that how it is supposed to work?

Thanks,

John

09-08-2016, 10:43 AM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This sounds like it could be an issue with Lightroom. When shooting in RAW+, are you seeing both formats when accessing the card directly?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-08-2016, 10:46 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by johnkrumm Quote
I see no jpegs in Lightroom
Did you see JPEG files in the card if you view the content on computer directly? Lightroom imports raw only if JPG files are in the same location.
09-08-2016, 10:54 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ah, good suggestion from both of you. There they are. So I'll poke around in Lightroom to see what I'm doing wrong.

---------- Post added 09-08-16 at 11:11 AM ----------

I think I have it figured out. I had to check "treat jpegs as separate files" in Lightroom. Took me a bit... Thanks for the help.

09-08-2016, 01:08 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If both RAW and JPG files are in the same folder, both have the same file name except for the extensions. Lightroom will import the RAW file and leave the JPG file untouched.