Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 26 Likes Search this Thread
09-15-2016, 01:21 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

As it is, K1 is in a league of its own. However, if they factored in the price (value), it would be number one by a wide margin. And all the talk about not having enough lenses for the system is just noise. There is plenty of glass to create world class images. We just needed a capable FF camera and Pentax gave it to us. Kudos to Pentax/Ricoh guys.

09-15-2016, 01:48 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Excellent ! Yeah , 3280 ISO sport and 96 grade, that's pretty good, among the top full frame performers. I want to check the color accuracy. I don't know if that the lenses I use or the sensor , but the colors I get from the K1 aren't exactly the ones I would like to see.
09-15-2016, 01:58 PM   #18

Photos: Albums
it,s pretty obviously from that the k1 really is the best bang per buck in the world of full frame cameras .....when you look at that main page on DXO the thing that jumps out is the price of the other cameras compare to the k1

it a great camera ...but we knew that already
09-15-2016, 02:03 PM   #19
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Excellent ! Yeah , 3280 ISO sport and 96 grade, that's pretty good, among the top full frame performers. I want to check the color accuracy. I don't know if that the lenses I use or the sensor , but the colors I get from the K1 aren't exactly the ones I would like to see.

What do you use for developement?

09-15-2016, 02:10 PM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
What do you use for developement?
I use PDCU or in camera development. Since I moved from the K200 (CCD) to K5 (CMOS), K3 and now K1, I was never really content with the colors of CMOS, and my impression is that it got worse. I think I'd need a color calibration card and try to tune colors to my taste. I think I'm not talented for colors, it feel out of control.
09-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mmmm ...I'm inclined to think that too. Well a little. No intention of hijacking this thread...

It is great to see dxomark showing these measurements, not that we're probably that surprised. (Surprised they actually published them, though ;-) )

F2 Cameracraft magazine just reviewed the K-1 in the UK and I quote "We'd have to say the K-1 is the best specified and priced FF DSLR on the market right now".
09-15-2016, 02:29 PM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BarryE Quote
F2 Cameracraft magazine just reviewed the K-1 in the UK and I quote "We'd have to say the K-1 is the best specified and priced FF DSLR on the market right now".
The K1 camera itself , yes, for the price , it is very well spec. I guess the K1 shines best with primes lenses including some of the FA or FA ltd lenses.

09-15-2016, 04:21 PM   #23
Pentaxian

It scored the highest under sport and was beaten in landscape which shows why dxo scores need interpretation. They may be accurate but not qualified. Landscape, is where it shines with tilt screen and ps. Sports is where it can improve with fps and focus.
09-15-2016, 04:37 PM - 2 Likes   #24

DxoMark finally tested K1

https://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Pentax/K-1

They have tested it with Pixelshift turned off. Still good results IMHO. (and they can test advance features - eg they have tested SuperRaw for the DXO One...)
09-15-2016, 05:26 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What jumped out for me was:
1. Look at the prices of the other top 10 cameras, compared with the K-1.
2. Not a single Canon anywhere in the top 10.
09-15-2016, 05:26 PM   #26
npc
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
It scored the highest under sport and was beaten in landscape which shows why dxo scores need interpretation. They may be accurate but not qualified. Landscape, is where it shines with tilt screen and ps. Sports is where it can improve with fps and focus.
It's enough to keep in mind that when they say "camera score" they actually mean "sensor score" and ultimately it really is more like "raw file score".
09-15-2016, 05:45 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
DxO is only testing the performance of the sensor, not the camera.
09-15-2016, 05:51 PM   #28
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

I use PDCU or in camera development. Since I moved from the K200 (CCD) to K5 (CMOS), K3 and now K1, I was never really content with the colors of CMOS, and my impression is that it got worse. I think I'd need a color calibration card and try to tune colors to my taste. I think I'm not talented for colors, it feel out of control.
If ever there was a guy who was meant to buy a colour calibration card, it's you, Biz-engineer!

I have a Spyder Express.
09-15-2016, 06:27 PM   #29
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those are pretty good numbers. When you consider that cameras differing by 4 points or less are often pretty much indistinguishable from each other, that means it;s pretty much on equal footing with the best that's out there.
09-15-2016, 06:29 PM   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
it would be number one by a wide margin
It is, in K mount!