Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2016, 05:46 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Well, I consider PS file ruined if MC has to be used. Non-MC PS file will have all the real detail where it counts and it is easy enough to blend it in place when needed.

MC is of course solution for those who do not want extra work. In that case DCU or SilkyPix will do.

09-25-2016, 07:24 AM   #17
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
Should not but the unfortunate thing is that Adobe fails completely with RAW files where MC is ON. And as I refuse to use MC I will take separate shots with PS ON/OFF and then just blend in the details in Photoshop.

Dpreview has nice comparison page: Pentax K-1 Pixel Shift Resolution: Updated Field Test: Digital Photography Review

Adobe goes wonky. False color all over the place. Now if you switch off MC, false color will not spread around so badly making it easier to blend details where they are needed. SilkyPix seems to do nice work with MC but I cannot stand the user interface and workflow obstacle.
Very well said. My experiences are the same. Could not figure why LR works better sometimes than others. Turning MC off helps a lot. Silkypix handles them so much better I am trying to get used to the interface but it's different for sure.

Paul C
09-25-2016, 07:31 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Ya. Ricoh could do more co-operation with Adobe on this matter. Because, quite a many technically superior platform fails due to horrible user experience at some point. Sigma's weak point is their software to convert foveon raw-files as well.
09-25-2016, 09:39 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wanderer2 Quote
. I have't updated the camera software yet, perhaps that's why??
that must be why...