Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2016, 06:54 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter

I only took a few shots to test my R 50mm f2 on K1, no issue at all. I like the rendering.

Last edited by blan01; 09-26-2016 at 07:01 AM.
09-26-2016, 07:01 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hello dcshooter,
I know David and I have known his site since the beginning. If you read on his site, it seems that you cannot focu to infinity with Leica-R 90/2 AA and I am afraid of Leiac-R 28/2.8 because of his formula (retro focus)... The way the K-1 has been made can show problems with these lenses, I don't know and David neither know about it...

---------- Post added 09-26-16 at 07:03 AM ----------

Thank you blan01, The Cron 50 i a nice lens les sharp than Sigma Art 50/1.4, but I prefer it for:
- his light weight
- his focusing
- his "Wlater Mandler" rendering..
Best regards,
teiki.
09-26-2016, 01:16 PM - 1 Like   #18

Regarding the Adaptist Pentax K+ Multi-mount, it should be noted that it does not hold the lens in by a secure fit, only by tension. If you focus one direction too aggressively, you may risk unmounting the lens and dropping it. Not quite the free lunch we had hoped for.

As for the Leitax conversions, there should be no difference as on its native mount since the flange distance is the same as far as vignetting/distortions/aberrations go. Any differences would be down to differences in thickness in the glass stack covering the sensor which varies across camera models and film vs digital sensor optimization. I converted a Zeiss 28mm f2 from Nikon mount with ease, and am a huge fan of the results.
09-26-2016, 01:21 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by asamimasa Quote
Regarding the Adaptist Pentax K+ Multi-mount, it should be noted that it does not hold the lens in by a secure fit, only by tension. If you focus one direction too aggressively, you may risk unmounting the lens and dropping it. Not quite the free lunch we had hoped for.

As for the Leitax conversions, there should be no difference as on its native mount since the flange distance is the same as far as vignetting/distortions/aberrations go. Any differences would be down to differences in thickness in the glass stack covering the sensor which varies across camera models and film vs digital sensor optimization. I converted a Zeiss 28mm f2 from Nikon mount with ease, and am a huge fan of the results.
Hi asamimasa,
did you convert your Zeiss lens with Leitax/Pentax Mount? Is your camera a K-1?
Thank you for answering.
teiki.

09-26-2016, 02:06 PM   #20
Tas
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by teiki arii Quote
This thread link: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/227446-carl-zeiss-t-zk-mou...planar-22.html is where the discussions on Zeiss/Leitax adaptors starts and includes some of the info you seek.

Tas
09-27-2016, 02:15 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you TAS!
09-27-2016, 11:09 AM - 1 Like   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by teiki arii Quote
Hi asamimasa,
Thank you for answering.
teiki.
Yes to both. Fenwoodian has done us a great service in documenting his process, which helped me prepare before the operation.
11-11-2016, 03:58 AM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hello,
I have converted my Leica-R lenses and Apo-Extender-1.4x in Leitax (except leica-R 35/2, Macro 100/2.8, 80-200/4, Apo-Extender-2x and Apo-Modular 280/2.8). I am very pleased with the results on Pentax K-1!
Thank you very much to everyone!

11-12-2016, 11:36 AM   #24
Site Supporter

I see no point in using R lenses on a camera lacking a decent manul focus screen. Live view and focus peaking will slow you down. Canon will serve you much better in my opinion and 6D II is around the corner...
The best resource for Leitax adapters is Mr. Leitax, go send an e-mail to Spain. The 90AA is a marvel
11-12-2016, 12:32 PM   #25
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
I see no point in using R lenses on a camera lacking a decent manul focus screen. Live view and focus peaking will slow you down. Canon will serve you much better in my opinion and 6D II is around the corner...
The best resource for Leitax adapters is Mr. Leitax, go send an e-mail to Spain. The 90AA is a marvel
Indeed, email Mr Leitax in Spain ( info@leitax.com ) - Dave is very helpful, knowledgeble and always responds promptly.

I disagree about the K1 not having a "decent manual focus screen". I use live view with focus peaking 98% of the time with my K1. I shoot slow stuff and find it works great! With good technique and subjects that don't move that fast, manual focus (often using adapted lenses) with liveview and focus peaking on K1 works great - even with my fast lenses wide open! A Zacuto viewfinder helps too (see photos).

Maybe Canon's 6DII can produce better images of stuff that moves fast than the K1. However, for tripod shots of stuff that doe not move to fast, the Pentax K1 in Pixel Shift mode will produce much better images (dynamic range, color, acutance) than will ANY Canon camera.

I believe that NZRoss has shot some Leitax adapted Leica glass on his Pentax K3. Maybe he'll chime in on his experiences - or you might want to message him directly...

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 11-12-2016 at 01:50 PM.
11-13-2016, 12:45 AM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
I see no point in using R lenses on a camera lacking a decent manual focus screen. Live view and focus peaking will slow you down. Canon will serve you much better in my opinion and 6D II is around the corner...
Hello zapp,

EOS 6D MarkII:
- should not have more resolution sensor than EOS 5D Mark IV, so less than 30Mp.
- should not have Pentaprism but pentamiror viewfinder which is less good than EOS 5D Mark IV which is less good than K-1 for MF.
- should not be less than 2000€ (but around 2500€-3000€ I presume)
- should not present IBIS/SR which is very efficient on K-1
- should not have pixel shift for special situations. Dual Pixel Raw is nothing but a marketing flop.
- should not have a better dynamic sensor than 5D Mark IV which is less good than K-1
- should not have AF assistance in OVF for Leica-R lenses, K-1 does...
For my Leica-R lenses, I don't need Autofocus but a good viewfinder. The EVF of Sony A7x is horrible although most of people like it. The best one is Leica SL's but I cannot afford it and Sensor is less good than K-1. The Pentaprism of K-1 is the best one of FF DSLR cameras under 3000 €... but not as good as Leica SL2/R8 (and "rolls" cameras)..

I Went to David's factory to meet him and changed my Leica-R mounts for Leitax/Pentax... If I switch to another brand one day anyway, I change the Leitax mount..

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/328241-leica-leitz-glass-c...ml#post3819243

Last edited by teiki arii; 11-13-2016 at 12:50 AM. Reason: link