Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2016, 02:51 PM - 1 Like   #16
Kiwi Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by teiki arii Quote
Nice and very interesting review. Thank you for sharing. To meditate...
As I feel the Pentax K-1 very versatile and innovative for the kind of photos I do, as I use only Leica-R lenses on third brand cameras, I should go for it very soon. I hope not to be disappointed versus my EOS 6D...
Should I?
I would have thought if you are only using Leica R lenses, then the Leica SL would be the ideal camera for you - as it has inbuilt profiles for R lenses

10-06-2016, 03:06 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
I would have thought if you are only using Leica R lenses, then the Leica SL would be the ideal camera for you - as it has inbuilt profiles for R lenses
You are perfectly right but:

- the cost is quite different (7600€ including Leica-SL/R adapter vs 2000€ for K-1)..
- Leica SL doesn't worth switching from Canon EOS 6D except for convenience and comfort...
- I wish I have better dynamic range and I want to make A2 300ppi prints...
- K-1 has IBIS, SL doesn't...
- K-1 has Pixel shift, SL doesn't..
- K-1 has 36Mp, SL 24Mp...

Best regards,
teiki.
10-06-2016, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #18
Kiwi Pentaxian

- the cost is quite different (7600€ including Leica-SL/R adapter vs 2000€ for K-1)..
- Leica SL doesn't worth switching from Canon EOS 6D except for convenience and comfort...

Best regards,
teiki.
I know all this of course as I too have seriously looked at the Leica SL. I will be buying the Pentax K-1 next year as the price/performance ratio is very hard to beat, and I also have plenty of K-mount lenses
10-06-2016, 03:27 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Best regards,
teiki.
I use a Elmarit-R 135/2.8 and a Summicron-R 50/2 on mine (Leitax clone mounts) and they do very well. Focus peaking is a huge help too.

10-06-2016, 03:49 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by roseblood11 Quote
The first DSLR's with IBIS where Minolta Maxxum 5D and 7D, followed by all Sony A-mount models since they bought the Minolta camera department in 2006.
These went under the Minolta Dynax moniker as well - the Sony A100 DSLR was based on the Maxxum/Dynax cameras. Great review, by the way!
10-06-2016, 03:49 PM   #21
Kiwi Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I use a Elmarit-R 135/2.8 and a Summicron-R 50/2 on mine (Leitax clone mounts) and they do very well. Focus peaking is a huge help too.
Good to know
10-06-2016, 06:30 PM   #22

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by funktionsfrei Quote
Actually, Pentax does have a stabilized viewfinder, when you use a stabilized lens. For incomprehensible reasons, Pentax does not make such lenses, but Sigma does.
Yes: optically stabilized lenses with K bayonet exist and work pretty fine on every Pentax DSLR since the K10D.

One pretty famous example for such a lens is the "Bigma", the 50-500/4.5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM. Another rather inexpensive example is the 70-300/4.0-5.6 DG OS, which can still be bought as new in some markets.

Of course: Neither the lens nor the camera body is aware of the other's stabilization, you should turn one of each off to circumvent problems. But with a long telephoto lens you might prefer OS, and using these Sigma lenses you can do what no user of any other camera brand can do: You can choose. Nearly instantaneously, for each shot differently, if needed.
Good point well made. I wonder if Sigma will ever release their new 500mm in a K-mount? I'm sure that would make a lot of pentaxians very happy!
10-07-2016, 06:49 PM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

This article should be pinned to the the top of K-1 forum

A very thoughtful, beautifully illustrated overview of our wonderful new camera. Thank you for sharing.

10-08-2016, 02:45 AM - 1 Like   #24
Veteran Member

Sigma releasing modern ART-lenses would make people switch to Pentax, not just Pentaxians happy. This could be negotiated if Ricoh wanted it so. Total BS that suddenly K-mount is so expensive to make lenses for.

Gyroscope, your review reflects my experiences. Not finished with my field review yet, but they are a match so far.
10-12-2016, 01:05 PM - 1 Like   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by Gyroscope Quote
Hi, all. I thought there might be a few landscape photographers out there interested in a review of the Pentax K-1. I've just completed my review that includes the 24-70 and 15-30. Thanks for looking

Pentax K-1 Landscape Photography Review ? Morden O'Hare | Photography
Nice review!
I am on the edge of buying one of these cameras for landscape use. "Back in the day" I used a 28mm Nikkor on my Nikon F. What lens would you suggest to approximate that view? Apparently the 31mm limited is actually considered a normal lens on a full frame camera so i guess that one is out of the question.
10-12-2016, 10:08 PM   #26

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Huffy Quote
Nice review!
I am on the edge of buying one of these cameras for landscape use. "Back in the day" I used a 28mm Nikkor on my Nikon F. What lens would you suggest to approximate that view? Apparently the 31mm limited is actually considered a normal lens on a full frame camera so i guess that one is out of the question.
28mm is 28mm as K1 is full frame. 31mm might be considered 'normal' on a crops sensor camera like k3 but is a moderate wide on K1. Use whatever focal length you are comfortable with for landscapes there is no right or wrong answer.
10-13-2016, 12:41 PM   #27
Site Supporter

well done!

Randy