Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2016, 08:51 AM   #1

Selection of focus/exposure point when using Pentax A lens

Hi guys,

I have recently changed from Canon to Pentax and I am having a doubt about using a Pentax A lens (24mm/2.8 if it is relevant).

With this lens I cannot select the focus point and consequently I can't also select the exposure point to other point other than the center point.

I can change the metering mode but I cannot change to another point besides the center point.

I know that I can use the focus/lockExposure and recompose but my use case is using the camera on a tripod, and measure or focus (using the Pentax trigger feature) on a specific point other than the center one.

Thanks in advance

10-17-2016, 11:01 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
With a manual focus lens we are limited to the use of the center focus point. One thing to remember is that the exposure lock with the auto focus point is only available when using multi segment metering mode. Welcome to the forum and happy shooting.
10-17-2016, 01:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Also, I believe that only 'centre weighted' mode is used with manual focus lenses, despite the mode actually set and displayed .....
10-18-2016, 01:47 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you for your replies, I was not aware that this was a limitation.. well I did thought it was a user limitation but it seems it is not the case.