Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2016, 06:03 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Night Vision LCD?

Reading through the new staff published K-70 review, I see there's a Night Vision LCD setting that gives the display a black and red interface. Is that available for the K-1?

11-06-2016, 06:07 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not available on the K-1, though there is the outdoor brightness setting that lets you dim the screen considerably.

Maybe it'll be added through firmware?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-06-2016, 06:46 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hopefully this will be added to the k-1 in a firmware upgrade. The current outdoor settings mode does not allow the live view brightness to be decoupled from the LCD brightness. Thus, when I want to magnify dim stars on the LCD in live view, I need the outdoor setting up high. But then I must turn the brightness down when out of live view to preserve my night vision. Having a dedicated night mode for live view uncoupled from general lcd brightness would be the best of all.
11-06-2016, 10:09 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Not available on the K-1, though there is the outdoor brightness setting that lets you dim the screen considerably.

Maybe it'll be added through firmware?
I sure hope so. You'd think it would have happened on the last firmware upgrade. I've still got my fingers crossed.

11-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
I sure hope so. You'd think it would have happened on the last firmware upgrade. I've still got my fingers crossed.
I'm kind of expecting Ricoh to abandon the firmware, but you never know. They added some minor feature upgrades to the K-3 and 645Z, but the ones added to the K-1 so far have already surpassed those. It's a good sign of things to come.