Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2016, 07:07 PM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Please note Optics Planet is currently offering a 10% off coupon, valid till the EOD 11/14. With the coupon, the camera price is $1583.

11-13-2016, 09:27 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by vitc Quote
Please note Optics Planet is currently offering a 10% off coupon, valid till the EOD 11/14. With the coupon, the camera price is $1583.
I've seen the coupon, I am wondering thou if anyone has ordered the camera and had it delivered?
I've seen some bad reviews from that place. Also is there even such a thing as for the Pentax world as authorized dealers? if you buy from an unauthorized dealer do loose the warranty?
11-13-2016, 11:18 PM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by francis01832 Quote
I've seen the coupon, I am wondering thou if anyone has ordered the camera and had it delivered?
I've seen some bad reviews from that place. Also is there even such a thing as for the Pentax world as authorized dealers? if you buy from an unauthorized dealer do loose the warranty?
They state they are authorized dealers for everything they sell: OpticsPlanet - Authorized Dealer
I just decided to try and ordered yesterday. We'll see in couple days how it goes.
11-14-2016, 11:50 AM   #19
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vitc Quote
They state they are authorized dealers for everything they sell: OpticsPlanet - Authorized Dealer
I just decided to try and ordered yesterday. We'll see in couple days how it goes.
I talked to Optics Planet this morning regarding the order I made. They told the camera is on back order, so I asked them to cancel my order. They agreed. Hope it's end of the story.

11-14-2016, 01:08 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Even lower

SAVING coupon saves you 10%. That makes it 1620
Attached Images

11-23-2016, 05:32 PM   #21

Anyone got theirs?

I ordered the K-1 from Optics ~ 2 weeks ago with the special. At the same time I ordered the 28-105 from Amazon, both back-ordered. I called Optics today and the Rep said she was surprised that she can't find a tracking number. Supposedly they have made the order to Pentax which will ship to me directly. (I've seen this drop-ship arrangement before - they are just middleman and don't stock it, which means no capital, so they make a healthy profit and can pass on a lower price.) After 25 minutes, she said calls to Pentax was unanswered, but will let me know me know when she finds out. Amazon has delivered already, and charged my credit card the day the lens show up at my door - it is Amazon Express shipping so they knew exactly the hour it was delivered. OTOH, Optics charged my credit card a week ago. Anyone has got their K-1 shipped or has tracking confirmation?