Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 34 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2016, 01:28 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
It is cold there? It is summer (or late spring) down there, isn't? The weather sure seems nice in the photos - speaking from the north of Europe.

You must know about the Munda Biddi Trail?
Its cold for a guy from the tropics.
Its sure colder than Sydney and it got colder as I got more south towards Margaret River.

Temperature fluctuates a lot in Perth (2nd time I've been there).
It was late Spring > Summer when I was there.
Nice 25C when the Sun is out, as low as 8C when the Sun goes down.
Add strong headwinds into the mix and it was very cold for me.

I read about the Munda Biddi Trail, but my bike handling skills for off-road is zero.
I don't have a bike capable of off-road riding and the trail seems better covered over 2 weeks.

12-06-2016, 03:02 AM - 1 Like   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Its cold for a guy from the tropics.
Its sure colder than Sydney and it got colder as I got more south towards Margaret River.

Temperature fluctuates a lot in Perth (2nd time I've been there).
It was late Spring > Summer when I was there.
Nice 25C when the Sun is out, as low as 8C when the Sun goes down.
Add strong headwinds into the mix and it was very cold for me.
In January, they may have a week where every day is 40C. Choose your poison!

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
I read about the Munda Biddi Trail, but my bike handling skills for off-road is zero.
I don't have a bike capable of off-road riding and the trail seems better covered over 2 weeks.
I would love to ride that, and camp along the way. Certain sections as I understand it have gravel almost the size of peas, and you really need nice wide tyres.
12-09-2016, 10:11 PM - 2 Likes   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
In January, they may have a week where every day is 40C. Choose your poison!

I would love to ride that, and camp along the way. Certain sections as I understand it have gravel almost the size of peas, and you really need nice wide tyres.
I did encounter 40C temperatures when I was living in Sydney.
Like living in a dry oven.

---------- Post added 12-10-2016 at 01:15 PM ----------

High ISO performance on the K1 is certainly better.
I have shot extensively with the A7 and I know what its capable of.
The K1 high ISO capability is certainly a notch above the 24mp sensor of the A7.

For the shot above, as I was on the coach heading back to Perth, and with the falling light, I knew the shot needed enough DOF but also good shutter speed to reduce motion blur of the coach.
The high ISO performance certainly came in handy, allowing a good shutter speed and stopped down lens, while giving me good enough image quality.
01-14-2017, 06:12 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great series. Been over Perth/Mandurah 3 times over past couple of years as my bro lives over there. Weather influence of the cool waters of the Southern Ocean really confuses people from more tropical regions. Basically in the southern Australian summer, if the wind blows from the inland regions it's hot to stinking hot generally with very low humidity. If the wind blows in from the Southern Ocean, it's mild to cool. At the extreme, when a vigorous child front comes through in mid summer, temps can go from 42°C to 22°C in half an hour.

Hottest day I've been in Perth is 47°C while we had a few 45's and a 46 over in Adelaide a couple of summers ago. Later March thru April and sometimes into early May is best patch of weather along southern Australia imho.