Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-17-2016, 08:02 PM   #1
Forum Member

K-1 Standby screen default?

I have rented a k-1 to test drive and I have run into a "quirk" that I don't know if it is user error or something I am missing. When I turn on the camera, the standby screen is in the mode that allows me to move the focus points around. I must press the controller (?) 1-2 selection button immediately above the top controller button to display the Mode, AWB, et al options. As soon as I leave the standby (ex viewing an image I have captured) and come back, I have to press the selection button again.

How can I get the standby screen to default to show the AWB and other options? It must be something simple that I have touched but I just can't get it to behave as I hoped.

If I have not explained it clearly I can attach a subsequent photo. Just kind of frustrating as it doesn't behave that way on the k3.

12-17-2016, 08:25 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm pretty sure this is just a Custom Setting. I think it's C20?
12-17-2016, 09:28 PM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup, C20 should do the trick. It defaults to providing direct access to the four sub-menus, so you need to change it back to "1" if you want that.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-17-2016, 09:53 PM   #4

The small button in review mode is used to change board, in shooting mode is used to change the functionality to your needs.

12-18-2016, 06:20 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you!!! C20 it was! I can feel my sanity returning! LOL