Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2016, 08:28 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm among the ones who struggles with the lack of illuminated AF point, or at least to have the grid illuminated as soon as AF button is pressed (not only when the AF is achieved) would help me a lot.
I never had this issue with either my K20, K5 or K3, but now I sometimes have difficulties when shooting under low light especially.

12-19-2016, 08:39 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
I'm among the ones who struggles with the lack of illuminated AF point, or at least to have the grid illuminated as soon as AF button is pressed (not only when the AF is achieved) would help me a lot.
You are aware of the fact that on the Pentax you can simply press the "AF mode" button on the left side of the mount with your left thumb and the red illumination stays on for as long you press it?
12-19-2016, 09:55 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
You are aware of the fact that on the Pentax you can simply press the "AF mode" button on the left side of the mount with your left thumb and the red illumination stays on for as long you press it?
What ??
AM I a fool ??

Man I am about 3 hours from my camera but I can't wait to see what you've got there...Thanks for that.
Still it would be easier to have same behaviour as K3 or K5, as long as you press the AF (back button in my case) the AF point illuminate.
12-19-2016, 03:29 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
Thanks for helping a poor soul like me, I never heard of that feature !
It definitely help but at the same time it means it would be really easy to implement this on the AF button as well.
That's something I hope Pentax will add in a firmware update soon.

12-19-2016, 03:34 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
Thanks for helping a poor soul like me, I never heard of that feature !
It definitely help but at the same time it means it would be really easy to implement this on the AF button as well.
That's something I hope Pentax will add in a firmware update soon.
Have you added it to the product suggestions sub-forum? It's a good idea, but that's where Ricoh would be listening.
12-19-2016, 07:35 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For those using it frequently - do you see a battery impact? Maybe that's why it is only via the explicit button push?
12-20-2016, 06:54 AM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
Have you added it to the product suggestions sub-forum? It's a good idea, but that's where Ricoh would be listening.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/201-product-suggestions-feedback/336018-k...ml#post3857699

Good idea,
Just did.

12-24-2016, 04:00 PM   #23

Is the single AF point smaller on the K-1 than the K5II? I ask because I've read this criticism before, even from the not to be named, but whose initials are dpr. Yet, I never had a problem with the K5 in this regard (subtracting my own mistakes). The disappearing AF point could actually be cast as an advantage because its disappearance is another indicator of being in focus. I can understand somewhat it may be hampering if using select AF point. Still, one should pretty much know where they are in relation to the point to be focused on. I guess constant illumination might help a little bit, but really, is it that big a deal? How did photography ever make it this far without the help of modern, technological camera razzle dazzle.

There, now I sound like a grumpy, old man.
12-24-2016, 05:09 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
For those using it frequently - do you see a battery impact? Maybe that's why it is only via the explicit button push?
I couldn't see the impact on battery being significant, but constant illumination would certainly interfere with trying to see your subject when its dark. The lines glow so bright they tend to obscure the view. The old tiny red block popping up momentarily didn't seem so intrusive, yet it way very helpful.

Some in between would be nice, but for now hitting the button on the side of the camera when I need a quick assist works pretty well.