Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 25 Likes Search this Thread
01-17-2017, 06:05 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WestBug Quote
My Fiancé will make the final choice when I talk with her in a few minutes. She is a absolute dream of a lady , and I Love her dearly. She doesn't yet know what Ive done. We were supposed to get matching KS2 or K70 bodies for hiking and outdoor use in March when we get married. We will discuss it and come to an agreement.
Both of us are Photography Nuts and Camera Junkies.
You should be good to go. Take some awesome portraits of her!

01-17-2017, 06:07 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems like you are not going to make a profit after all ... bet ya you are keeping it !
01-17-2017, 07:03 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You might consider buying a K-3II. It'll give you pixel shift while being optimized for APSC. That way you and your fiance can share a common set of lenses. Just a thought...
01-17-2017, 07:15 PM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My Fiancé will make the final choice when I talk with her in a few minutes. She is a absolute dream of a lady , and I Love her dearly. She doesn't yet know what Ive done. We were supposed to get matching KS2 or K70 bodies for hiking and outdoor use in March when we get married. We will discuss it and come to an agreement.
Both of us are Photography Nuts and Camera Junkies.
I see matching K1's in your future. To me the K1 is the camera that surpasses my Spotmatic II as my favorite SLR type camera. I also own a K5, a K5-IIs and a K3. The K1 just has "It".

01-18-2017, 09:21 AM - 7 Likes   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I see matching K1's in your future. To me the K1 is the camera that surpasses my Spotmatic II as my favorite SLR type camera. I also own a K5, a K5-IIs and a K3. The K1 just has "It".
Last night got very interesting !
When I told her about buying the K-1 she excitedly said where is it at ? I got it it out of my office and she opened it up , put on her favorite hand strap , slapped on her favorite Ricoh Rikenon 50mm P lens and ran outside.
30 minutes later while processing a few images on her desktop I started hearing her little Whispers , Sqeals , and Words of Joy. She came out of my office with a very excited , satisfied , greedy look in her eyes and said , "Does he still have the other one" ? I said I didn't know , Why ? She said I better be quick because she wanted "ME'' to also have a K-1 as this one is now Hers !!!
I said "what about us getting Flippy Screen KS2's or K70's like we planned" ? She looked at me real serious with an Evil little smirk on her face and said .."What" ? Are You I.Q. Minus Zero?
At 10PM last night she drove over to my Bosses house and bought the other K-1..... for Me.

Last edited by WestBug; 01-18-2017 at 09:29 AM.
01-18-2017, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
When I told her about buying the K-1 she excitedly said where is it at ? I got it it out of my office and she opened it up , put on her favorite hand strap , slapped on her favorite Ricoh Rikenon 50mm P lens and ran outside.
30 minutes later while processing a few images on her desktop I started hearing her little Whispers , Sqeals , and Words of Joy. She came out of my office with a very excited , satisfied , greedy look in her eyes and said , "Does he still have the other one" ? I said I didn't know , Why ? She said I better be quick because she wanted "ME'' to also have a K-1 as this one is now Hers !!!
I said "what about us getting Flippy Screen KS2's or K70's like we planned" ? She looked at me real serious with an Evil little smirk on her face and said .."What" ? Are You I.Q. Minus Zero?
At 10PM last night she drove over to my Bosses house and bought the other K-1..... for Me.
Congratulations and what a delightful story!

Your Fiancé sounds like a real keeper!

Enjoy life together with your his-n-her K-1s!
01-18-2017, 09:56 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by darylk Quote
You might consider buying a K-3II. It'll give you pixel shift while being optimized for APSC. That way you and your fiance can share a common set of lenses. Just a thought...
I already have the K3 and K3II. She is moderately vested in Nikon , but quickly turning from the "Dark Side" to Pentax after playing with my K3II.
Both of us absolutely Love "Flippy Screens" on our outdoor cameras , so that's why we originally wanted the matching KS2 or K70. I still love the KS2 as its just a fun little camera.

01-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LOL! You are one lucky guy, soulmate found! Congratulations on multiple fronts.
Daryl
01-18-2017, 03:29 PM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The K1 is a camera that has "IT". Handle one and you want one. Pentax hit a grand slam home run with this model. The resulting images are just better than any other Pentax DSLR. The image below is of bison in the Lamar Valley in Yellowstone.If you zoom in on the jpeg of this image after processing, you can see calves laying in the grass with the furthest group bison. Not sure if they show in the uploaded image. K1 with D FA 150-450 lens at 150mm.

Last edited by gaweidert; 01-18-2017 at 05:23 PM.
01-18-2017, 04:17 PM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

bought the other K-1..... for Me.
And the moral of this story.....the only thing better than a K1,is 2 K1s!
01-18-2017, 07:22 PM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Don't wait to marry her. Head over to the Courthouse and do the deed - then have a nice party later.
01-19-2017, 12:16 AM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

See I told you it's a great camera Congrats on the 2nd K1.
01-19-2017, 01:08 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This sounds like a Love story Disney would be interested in for their next movie!
01-19-2017, 06:21 AM   #29
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Don't wait to marry her. Head over to the Courthouse and do the deed - then have a nice party later.
LasVegas got discussed last night. I doubt we make it past Monday.
01-19-2017, 07:09 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A while back, in a previous post, I had "predicted" that you would keep the K-1 ..... so .....