Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2017, 08:10 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Light/sound activated trigger

Like many others, I try to do lightning photography when the conditions are right (safety included). I've seen several types of light, sound, motion activated triggers such as the Miops trigger and think it might be worth trying but none of the ones I've seen online seem to support the K-1. Does anyone know of one that would work with a K-1? I've emailed tech support on a few but haven't got an answer back yet.

03-23-2017, 01:44 PM   #2

A combination of Cactus LV5 and V5 or V6 would work for motion on the K1/K3 or in a dark environment a conination of Blub mode and flash triger might be even better (delay ~0)
03-23-2017, 03:50 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I use a laser trigger with a MIOPS* trigger, which can also be set off by sound and pretty much anything you can build a sensor for.

*i'm not affiliated with MIOPS - I just work with and happen to like their triggers.