Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
03-23-2017, 05:02 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
LCD protection for the K-1

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I just got my K-1 and am wondering about opinions on adding a glass protective cover to the LCD. I have these on my simple point and shoot cameras and they serve the purpose well and prevent scratches to the original LCD, but when it comes to my K-1, I wanted some outside input on their use. Any opinions out there? I intend to stay away from the cheap plastic overlays and go with a glass cover.

If you do favor these and have a preferred brand, please list the source.

Thanks

Last edited by Bob 256; 03-23-2017 at 05:08 PM.
03-23-2017, 05:29 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
I just got my K-1 and am wondering about opinions on adding a glass protective cover to the LCD. I have these on my simple point and shoot cameras and they serve the purpose well and prevent scratches to the original LCD, but when it comes to my K-1, I wanted some outside input on their use. Any opinions out there? I intend to stay away from the cheap plastic overlays and go with a glass cover.
Screen Protectors for Pentax K-1 | protectionfilms24.com

Highly recommended. Service from Germany is exceptional.
03-23-2017, 06:12 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Try these. I bought mine on Amazon UK. Fits first time, no bubbles and works a treat. Expert Shield Crystal Clear Screen Protector 78-FWZ4-N1QK B&H
03-23-2017, 06:43 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
Screen Protectors for Pentax K-1 | protectionfilms24.com

Highly recommended. Service from Germany is exceptional.
I too, use the LCD protector from this site.

I got this version: screen protector for Pentax K-1: BROTECT AirGlass

It comes with the rear LCD as well as for the small lcd on the top plate.

03-23-2017, 07:46 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by felixkh Quote
I too, use the LCD protector from this site.

I got this version: screen protector for Pentax K-1: BROTECT AirGlass

It comes with the rear LCD as well as for the small lcd on the top plate.
Yup. This is the one I use and it's excellent.
03-23-2017, 08:12 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Being in the United States I think this about the best bet. Expert Shield - THE Screen Protector for: Pentax K-1 - Crystal Clear amazon.com : Expert Shield - THE Screen Protector for: Pentax K-1 - Crystal Clear : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&

I am going to order one for my K-1.
03-23-2017, 09:30 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Pentaxian

I have Acmaxx products on my K5IIs, K7 and Nikon P7000 and I haven't had a problem plus, easy to install.

Here is a link to his auction on ebay. ACMAXX 3.2" Hard LCD Screen ARMOR PROTECTOR for Pentax K-1 K1 DSLR Body 19568 | eBay

It comes with both the back and top protectors.

03-24-2017, 04:41 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm also using an Acmaxx on my K3II, and find it very good. I forget it's even there, and it looks like it's part of the camera. The silver trim on it even looks good. It's not glass, but I like the fact that the material itself is strong enough to take a blow and hopefully not transfer it to the actual LCD. I think it provides more impact resistance than the very thin glass type protectors. I don't have any issues with glare, and it has not scratched either, granted I handle the camera carefully and don't toss it around in a manner that would be likely to get scratched.
03-24-2017, 06:59 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another big thumbs up for the Brotect Airglass from protectionfilms24.com. Despite being overseas the shipping was fast and the product incredibly easy to apply. I can't even tell it's on. Plus it comes in a 2-pack should you ever need to replace.
03-24-2017, 07:13 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I got the Airglass from Protectionfilms24, they shipped very fast and product is good. I haven't received the top lcd screen though, they only included the rear one. Also, I'd much prefer having a gorilla glass screen instead, I love the one I have on my phone, saved my screen twice already.. Couldn't find one for K-1 though
03-24-2017, 07:27 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
I got the Airglass from Protectionfilms24, they shipped very fast and product is good. I haven't received the top lcd screen though, they only included the rear one. Also, I'd much prefer having a gorilla glass screen instead, I love the one I have on my phone, saved my screen twice already.. Couldn't find one for K-1 though
Here it is:
screen protector for Pentax K-1: BROTECT AirGlass
03-24-2017, 11:03 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by felixkh Quote
Thank you sir, will order one
03-24-2017, 10:38 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Thank you sir, will order one
You're most welcome.
03-25-2017, 10:29 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank's much folks. Great advice on protectors - will assume they are recommended from the number of positive posts - off to get a set!
03-26-2017, 11:16 AM - 1 Like   #15

About Airglass Protectors

I've also bought an Airgalass Screen Protector reading a previous thread months ago but when the parcel came I must say I was really diasppointed.It's never near a glass screen protector , rather like a thin foil that's usually sold for cell phones or other devices . Of course I don't know about the technology that might be behind the product itself but since I never heard of the material and read about crash tests of the screen protector, I simply didn't use it with hoping it might protect my K-1 's screen from an accidental hit.
After this experience , I decided to buy an ACMAXX Hard LCD Screen ARMOR PROTECTOR which I used satisfactorily on my Pentax K-3 . To sum up if you want a thin foil protection buy the Brotect Airglass , but if you want a real thick protection layer between your LCD screen and the unforgiving elements , go for the ACMAXX . I hope this helps.