Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2017, 08:31 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K1 plus 28-105 plus 20mm/4 plus M200/4 is a nice, compact travel kit I can even add a fast option in the 35-50 range and not break my shoulder. I prefer the Tamron 70-200/2.8, if weight and space allow, but it is as big and heavy as all those other lens options put together.

04-07-2017, 09:59 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by teiki arii Quote
A lot of my lenses used on K-1 are Leitaxed Leica-R ones.. Actually, I bought Pentax K-1 only to fit with my Leica lenses and I am very pleased by the results, very close to rolls fim rendition...

- Leica-R 28/2.8 ROM
- Leica-R 35/2 ROM
- Leica-R 50/2 ROM
- Leica-R Macro 60/2.8 ROM
- Leica-R 90/2 AA ROM
- Leica-R 135/2.8 ver. II
- Leica-R 180/2.8 (non-Apo ver. II) used with Leitaxed Leica-R Apo Extender 1.4x to make a very good Leica-R 250/4
- Leica-R Apo-Telyt-Modular 280/2.8 ROM used with Leitaxed Leica-R Apo Extender 1.4x to make an Apo-Telyt-R 400/4.
Great Leica-R arsenal!

It reminds me that i should have bought a couple Leica-R lenses before Sony released the Alpha line of cameras!
Never been cheap, but now they are way too expensive. A real pity

cheers

Paolo
04-07-2017, 12:29 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
A couple of examples taken with the tiny Trioplan 50mm, at night.
Used wide open the sharpness isn't exactly stellar, but it would fit some subjects... unfortunately if i try to squeeze out some bubble bokeh, the subject has to be quite close to the camera.
See the difference, the monk is shot at a certain distance, while the flowers are at minimum focusing distance. Focusing at close range, handheld and with low illumination, is not so easy!
I trusted the green light in the viewfinder, i should have used enlarged live view...

Now i want to properly test the Pentax-K f/1.2 50mm.
It's a new acquisition, and i'm eager to try it extensively.
Last journey i brought the Revuenon/Tomioka f/1.2 55mm, which has proved to be one of the most amazing lenses i've used lately.
No noble origins, though very very classy!

cheers

Paolo
04-07-2017, 02:34 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
Great Leica-R arsenal!
It reminds me that i should have bought a couple Leica-R lenses before Sony released the Alpha line of cameras!
Never been cheap, but now they are way too expensive. A real pity
Hi Paolo,
do not regret! The new lenses have quite excellent skills... You just have to accept their heavy weight which is not my cup of tea... If I were younger and without any lens, I would run for the new ones, particularly Sigma Art ones, excellent and "cheap" at the same time or the Zeiss ones on Sony A7RII... As I cannot stand the EVF that I feel dangerous for one's retina, I opted for the excellent OVF SR DSLR Pentax K-1 that I really find versatile for my needs, built like a Rolls Royce...

04-07-2017, 07:15 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Not traveling but......

MOG Premotar 2.8/50, infinity adjusted to attach flange type M42/K adapter
04-09-2017, 04:04 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ultraviolet Quote
Not traveling but......
MOG Premotar 2.8/50, infinity adjusted to attach flange type M42/K adapter
Nice Primotar!
I love this kind of barrel style, there are not so many lenses with a similar look.
In general Primotar's were among the best lenses made by Meyer Optik. Those who call the f/2.8 135mm preset a "bokeh monster" should try a Primotar tele!
Why did you have to adapt the lens to get infinity focus?

The idea of this post came right after making fun of myself, after i realized how much stuff i had brought with me this time.
I guess that the renewed interest sparked by the purchase of my new K-1 made me a bit too enthusiastic... a kind of "I want to try this one too" craze that defeated common sense, and led to a silly cabin baggage overflowing with lenses!
Asking others about their own experiences won't reassure me about my sanity of mind... but it would help in that regard
Even if it's not about vacations, or traveling for work far from home, it would be nice to read about your vintage lenses craze, and what it made you do.

Before the original post, i had just seen a lovely "family picture" of Pentax-F lenses.
I love "lens family pictures"!
If you have a photo of your own weird/interesting/unusual lens mix-up, that you carried with you far enough from home or a car trunk, i encourage you to post it here.
I'm sure somebody else likes this stuff

cheers

Paolo

Last edited by cyberjunkie; 04-09-2017 at 04:13 PM.
04-11-2017, 02:04 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
As an encouragement to post yours, here is the portrait of my "extended family on vacation".
I wanted to wait for my wife and add the last two to the group, but when she told me that she has no room in her hand luggage, and that my Asahi Auto Takumar f/1.8 85mm and Samyang 35mm are coming inside the checked luggage, well... i let the superstition prevail
I'm not so sure they won't get stolen or badly smashed. Let's take a cellphone pictures of those sitting on my desk

There are two recent AF zooms, two film era AF lenses, and all the others are MF, of different vintage.
Can you recognize them?

cheers

Paolo

Last edited by cyberjunkie; 04-11-2017 at 02:11 PM.
04-11-2017, 02:25 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wouldn't travel with them but I do have a few. With MF lenses I prefer to use them close to the house, in case I need something else for what I discover.

From the 135mm lens club, VIvitar M135 2.8 on a K-1. I find this lens while ok on a K-3 really shines on a K-1. We paid $35 for it.
135mm lens club - Page 100 - PentaxForums.com

Taken in my yard. Taking an M lens out of the yard makes me nervous.

I know all you A and M lens aficionados wouldn't consider a piece of junk like this worth taking out, but even a lens so cheap it was cheap even when it was brand new is worth fooling around with sometimes. Honestly, look at that photo, it isn't half bad. I'm glad Tess bought it. But taking it out on a real photo expedition is just out of the question.

Now if I could just get something out of my SMC 50 1.4. How can a 50 have such a long minimum focus distance? I just can't figure out how ti get the shot I want with it.

OK Tess didn't like that one, she said it didn't do anything for her.

How about this one, an attempt with the SMC 50 1.4?

Unless I change the adapter to the SMC 35 3.5 I've exhausted my M and SMC options.

Last edited by normhead; 04-11-2017 at 03:00 PM.