Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2017, 04:12 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks guys, I'll have another play when I get home. So the selected sub-image (with motion correction on) is just the one that gets used as the top layer to correct for motion, and with any other demosaicing method the selected sub-image is the image that you're editing (by itself) as a single image.

04-11-2017, 04:21 PM - 1 Like   #17

@dtra Exactly!

Edit: There's one exception: If you select Pixel Shift with motion correction enabled and also enable 'Median' in custom mode, the median of the four sub-images is used to correct for motion. That can be used in some cases to simulate long time exposures of e.g. water but of course it does not not work well with fast moving objects like cars, people, birds etc. It's kind of a creativity fallout of the Pixel Shift process which can give nice results in some cases.

Last edited by heckflosse; 04-11-2017 at 04:56 PM.
04-11-2017, 06:13 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by heckflosse Quote
@dtra Exactly!

Edit: There's one exception: If you select Pixel Shift with motion correction enabled and also enable 'Median' in custom mode, the median of the four sub-images is used to correct for motion. That can be used in some cases to simulate long time exposures of e.g. water but of course it does not not work well with fast moving objects like cars, people, birds etc. It's kind of a creativity fallout of the Pixel Shift process which can give nice results in some cases.
Ahh, interesting, might come in handy, thanks.
04-11-2017, 07:17 PM   #19

Check out Iridient Developer software. It can process pixel-shift files as well. There is a free demo.

04-12-2017, 10:51 AM   #20
Forum Member

Can anyone help, I've downloaded Rawtherapee but I can't seem to see the "pixelshift" option under method
04-12-2017, 11:23 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by heckflosse Quote
@dtra Exactly!

I checked my K1, and I could not find any "Median" in custom mode. What are you referring to and where might I find it?

Thanks,
Dave
04-12-2017, 12:11 PM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by edin_togger Quote
Can anyone help, I've downloaded Rawtherapee but I can't seem to see the "pixelshift" option under method
If you're on windows you can find a Pixel Shift version of RawTherapee here. Download the fifth from left with the -437- in file name.

Ingo

04-18-2017, 06:23 AM   #23
Pentaxian

And for OSX users? Does someone have a link to an OSX dev version?
04-18-2017, 11:24 AM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by timautin Quote
And for OSX users? Does someone have a link to an OSX dev version?
There is an OSX dev (not the latest dev, but with pixelshift support) version avalaible here, but iirc it's a build without OpenMp support (means it does not support multi-core cpus speedwise). We are working on this issue. Currently multi-core support is only missing for OSX builds. I hope we will be able to solve this soon.
04-18-2017, 01:41 PM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I checked my K1, and I could not find any "Median" in custom mode. What are you referring to and where might I find it?

Thanks,
Dave
In Raw Therapee, you have to choose pixel shift as the RAW development demosaic feature. There is a tab below it for "Motion Correction" and it is set to automatic, but if you pull it down, you should have the option of Custom or Off. Custom setting will allow you to choose Median as well tweak other settings.